How Can I "KICK" Listener Robots?

hymnsinger

I have a few listener that appear to be robots and listen for days. I would like to "kick" these listeners and or block them. I was told in shoutcast there is a kick button for listeners but I do not see that option in the centova Icecast. I don't want to keep stopping and starting the stream. What can i do? Thanks.

hymnsinger said:
I have a few listener that appear to be robots and listen for days. I would like to "kick" these listeners and or block them. I was told in shoutcast there is a kick button for listeners but I do not see that option in the centova Icecast. I don't want to keep stopping and starting the stream. What can i do? Thanks.
The best thing you can do about it is to ignore such listeners. It appears that almost every stream has a few listeners as such - stream rippers, or just people who keep player always active on their PC.

If you want to kick them, do the following: click the Admin link in Centova, then click Administration, for the mount point click List Clients - a list will appear with "Kick" commands for every client.

Back