Overlay (Voicetracks and File types designated as "voicetrack")

ajtavez

Ok, I'll try to make this simple to understand and respond to.

I LOVE the ability to designate a file type to "treat as a voicetrack" (thereby overlaying the track over the intro of a song)!

HOWEVER: When scheduling, if I have a station imager (designated "to treat as a voicetrack") before a song with no intro, there's dead air after the track. I've tried remedying this situation by simply putting imagers in their own playlists (giving me the ability to set the crossfades individually for each track).

MY QUESTION: Is there a way to set an "outro" on a station imager to trigger the start of the next song IF it has an intro (and if it doesn't, it simply activates the next song at the station imager's set crossfade mark)?

Example: Imager is 10 seconds long. It has 5 seconds of sfx and bed with a whoosh at second (5) leaving (5) seconds of dry vo. Is there a way to tell the next track "GO!" at second (5) IF its intro is at least (5) seconds? I know I'm probably making this difficult, but it's a forum - I figure all questions as welcomed :D

If this is not the BEST way to perform these types of actions, any input is appreciated!

Thank you!

The only way to assign Outro is to do it manually in the Track Tool, I'm afraid. When you set Intro for tracks - you can also set a fixed 5 second outro.

I have over 1,300 songs that I'm manually editing track information for - I'm okay with doing that...But does the outro trigger the next element? If it does, then I have a faulty setting because it's not working that way for me...

The next track is triggered where you have set the MIX point. Outro marks track's outro part and this is used to calcualte mix point if the next track is a voice track.

Back