Twitter] Post "Nowplaying" statuses for radioboss.fm

timgreb

I have a script for doing it using the Radioboss software but I also have 2 different streamers with Radioboss.fm and was wondering if its possible to tweet "Nowplaying" statuses using the Centova Cast on the web.. 
I hope someone will answer this question for me as I would like to tweet songs from Centova Cast
Thanks
Tim

Centova cast does not support it, so it's not possible. Currently we develop our own platform, RadioBOSS Cloud, that will be able to do so: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5001.0.html

I did order the Cloud and wow is that nice, trying to find an index to see what all I can do and can you tell me where I can find out how to post now playing on twitter from there.

Plus I would love to be a tester for the program if you like.
Thanks
Tim

timgreb said:
I did order the Cloud and wow is that nice, trying to find an index to see what all I can do and can you tell me where I can find out how to post now playing on twitter from there.
Twitter updates are not available there yet, it's currently under development and I think that feature will be ready within a week or two.

Is there any help areas for other features in the program, I have 2 new cloud streams with you and thought I could do the twitter but I can wait a week or 2 for it, plus I was wondering if you were going to have a auto song request on it soon or ever?
Thanks
Tim

timgreb said:
I was also wondering is there any chance to change it from Ices=cast to Shoutcast?
In its current state, Shoutcast requires registration on radionomy web site, and that provides some problems (most notable is lack of tech support). It doesn't seem to be a good option. We'll add possibility to broadcast to external Shoutcast server, and maybe add Shoutcast option in addition to Icecast.

timgreb said:
Is there any help areas for other features in the program
Currently there's no help available as RadioBOSS Cloud UI changes a bit with each update, making any manuals obsolete. You can ask any questions about it here or, better, in RadioBOSS Cloud topic: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5001.0.html
You can also propose new features or improvements, we're open to any suggestions.

timgreb said:
I was wondering if you were going to have a auto song request on it soon or ever?
It's likely to be added in the future.

I went back to my smaller streamer, your cloud just wasn't working for what I do.
I was wondering if you could wipe out all my files in this account so I can start new again.
http://ca2.radioboss.fm:8246/index.html
And I was wondering if there is a version 2 or 3 for your radioboss.fm whick I have 2 of them with you guys.
Thank you

timgreb said:
I was wondering if you could wipe out all my files in this account so I can start new again.
Please write to support@radioboss.fm and specify username for the account.

timgreb said:
I went back to my smaller streamer, your cloud just wasn't working for what I do.
That's sad. Can you please provide some details on what didn't work?

I was hoping the twitter would be working and I prefer shoutcast over Icecast, but I did really like the control panel.. I just started a Thanks

Twitter integration (posting "nowplaying" tweets) was added in yesterday's update :)
Shoutcast will be supported as a secondary server in the future. Why do you prefer Shoutcast by the way? From our internal tests, Icecast is much more stable and feature rich than Shoutcast.

Thank you, not sure what is going on in your billing department, I seen you added Twitter and Tunein and loved it.. Well I still can't figure out why I had 4 cloud accounts when I only had access to 2 of them, now today they shut off my rock station and wondering when the country will be off.  I wanted 2 cloud accounts the 2 I had access to 1 and 1 5.00 stream and I had 8 you wanted me to pay for, which I'm not doing... Your support on the tickets SUCKS and if you want to lose me as a client just say so and I'll be on my marry way.  I also use your radioboss software and will discontinue using that to if needed.
I hope you (DJSOFT) can figure this out as I sure can't.
Thank you

timgreb said:
not sure what is going on in your billing department, I seen you added Twitter and Tunein and loved it.. Well I still can't figure out why I had 4 cloud accounts when I only had access to 2 of them
Please note that billing system is fully automated and it simply creates accounts that you have ordered. According to operation log, you have ordered four "RadioBOSS Cloud" accounts and paid for them. You also ordered four "Shoutcast Level 1" accounts - and paid for them too. All those accounts are active and usable.

The billing will charge you automatically for all accounts you have ordered, according to the payment cycle you have chosen. It doesn't know if you actually need or use those accounts. You can always cancel the accounts you don't need.

I have reviewed the tickets, where you said you need only two accounts, but you didn't mention which ones you need. We can't guess what accounts to delete and what to keep so additional information was requested. I now see that you requested cancellations for some of the services and those will be processed soon.

Back