RadioBOSS 5.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
What's new
  • Automatic network stream relaying while using playlist as a backup option ("relaystart URL" and "relaystop" scheduler commands)
  • Added "Advanced configuration" section to allow fine tuning (Settings->General->Advanced configuration)
  • MySQL database option to store additional track information and cache
  • Ability to select columns in the scheduled events list
  • Minor UI improvements in the scheduled events list
  • Played scheduled tracks are deleted from the playlists per-event (each event is now deleted separately without waiting for other events to finish playback)
  • Scheduler: specify multiple minute values when using "Hours" option
  • Scheduler: ability to turn off event groups display
  • Scheduler: "Every year" option for expiration
  • Changed the way Shuffle function works when there are scheduled tracks in the playlist
  • Music DSP does not affect microphone
  • Active playlist tab can now be changed when playback is active
  • Added scheduler command to switch active playlist tab (playlist tab_name)
  • Added scheduler command to change active equalizer preset (eqpreset preset_name)
  • Playlists are saved with relative paths when possible
  • Playlist display is updated when title format is changed in the settings
  • Added ability to mute main playlist playback when prelisten is used
  • Hot keys: added support for extended keyboard keys (multimedia keys, F13-F24 etc)
  • Style option for Music Library and Track Tool
  • Font configuration for cart wall buttons (Settings->View->Style)
  • Font color can be changed for each cart wall button
  • Improved profile auto-save, removed the "periodically save profile option"
  • Changed profile load and save UI
  • Cart wall can be disabled in user access control
  • Cart wall shows an error notification on failed cart wall buttons
  • Drag-n-drop for cart wall improved: it now accepts multiple files and folders (multiple cart wall buttons are assigned at once)
  • Added values for current date and time in broadcasting title format
  • Broadcasting stats: show number of listeners when mouse hovers the chart
  • Broadcasting stats window can be used in additional work zones
  • Broadcasting encoders can be rearranged in the list
  • Playlist search: added buttons to search up and down
  • Automatic check for new versions; can be turned off in Help->Automatically check for updates menu
  • Accessible VST plugin configuration when screen reader mode is enabled
  • API: start event and skip scheduled launch (schedule/run)
  • API: edit track rating and playcount, custom fields (readtag/writetag)
  • API: added "cnt" parameter for getplaylist command to limit the number of returned tracks
  • API: command to set broadcasting title (setcasttitle)
  • Improved Multiple Actions UI in scheduler event settings
  • Pause and unpause is performed with a short fade
  • Lots of other UI and localization improvements

Ad Scheduler
  • Remote ads management: ads, playlists and events can be sent to a remote RadioBOSS installation

Music Library
  • The "Date Added" field is properly set when the tracks are first added to the library
  • Database cleanup (additional information and cache)

Playlist Generator
  • Color settings for categories (background and text)
  • UI improvements in category window and settings tab

Track Tool
  • Next and Prev track is loaded without reloading Track Tool
  • Tag Editor area can be resized
  • Improved zoom when cursor is visible
  • Playback is stopped at the End mark
  • Ability to prelisten voiceovers

Fixes and minor improvements
  • Improved performance on launching next track
  • AutoIntro, Sweepers: Track Tool parameters were not respected
  • Copying a file also copies additional information for a track
  • Sometimes waveform did not correspond to actual sound in the Nowplaying bar
  • File type bed did not work in overlay player
  • Podcasts via HTTPS protocol sometimes didn't work
  • Playlist Generator: long playlists (>20 days approx.) sometimes were not generated properly
  • AdsScheduler: impression report sometimes was generated incorrectly
  • AdsScheduler: fixed encoding in some generated reports
  • AdsScheduler: fixed style bug
  • Crossfades (mix point) is not correctly re-evaluated when the playlist is changed
  • Email reports encoding bug
  • Playlist information was not updated when Track Tool was called from the log window
  • Crossfade settings were not loaded when playlist was expanded
  • Sometimes "getfile" command did not properly delete tracks
  • Fixed default font problem in secondary windows
  • Fixed main window font for some areas of the player window
  • Fixed playlist sorting bug for certain columns
  • Current weather data is not deleted if weather update failed
  • Sorting in search was reset after software restart
  • Broadcasting stats window disappeared when settings window was opened
  • An occasional error message (unable to activate previous instance) when update was installed using Check for Updates
  • Track List launched a file that was deleted
  • Scheduler wait options sometimes work incorrectly
  • Sometimes incorrect broadcasting title was sent for certain playlist items
  • Fixed occasional crash when using HTTP requests
  • Occasional crash when some API commands were used

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires December 15, 2018.

Download
RadioBOSS 5.8 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.8.0.6.exe (11/12/2018, 30Mb)

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

djsoft said:
  • Accessible VST plugin configuration when screen reader mode is enabled

Thank you, works great. Can you add an option to select built-in plugin presets such as the normal/smooth/loud options in JB Broadcast? This would be helpful as a starting point for parameter modifications.

Steffen

This is useless (for us):
  • Scheduler: specify multiple minute values when using "Hours" option
  • We are waiting for years to schedule an event like this, in one way:
    - 12:15, 14:15, 18:45, 20:35.

pety said:
We are waiting for years to schedule an event like this, in one way:

Hours_and_variable_minutes.jpg;image

For German Users, F?r Deutsche Nutzer
RadioBoss 5.8.0.0  BETA ist raus und steht zum testen frei wenn man Registrierter User ist und wenn die Update zeit nicht abgelaufen ist. kannst du folgenden dowloadlink nutzen.
Download
RadioBOSS 5.8 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_5.8.0.0.exe (9/17/2018, 30Mb)

Wenn das obere nicht der fall ist dan besuche folgende Seite, dort kann man einen testkey beantragen der dan seine g?ltigheit hat bis 15 dezember.
https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm

https://www.facebook.com/groups/145260282901834/

Bug:

When you have more than one playlist player, if you set the second playlist player to 'active' while the current player is playing, the 'calculate start time > continuously update' option doesn't calculate correctly. Also, it has a few UI glitches.

Steps:
PLAYER 1: Play song
PLAYER 2: Right click, set active playlist

PLAYER 1 start time for the currently playing track will now begin increasing while the rest stay frozen. All of PLAYER 2's start times remain frozen until stop is pressed, then they begin counting again. Once play is pressed, the current playlist freezes its start time (as expected) but the alternate player has the first one counting upward while the rest remain frozen.

Thank you for the update with Version 5.8 on the Hours djsoft. That is a welcome addition.
I must say I like Pety's idea on having the option of multiple minutes within the one hour too.

I think this should be technically possible.
Same principle as Hours, but just the ability to have individual hours with extra and different minutes within the hour.
Example: 11:17 and 12:15, 12.35, 12:55 and 13:16, 13:48 as
Hour [11]  Mins [17]
Hour [12]  Mins [15,35,55]
Hour [13]  Mins [16,48]
and so on...

Plus I would add it as a Third Option/Choice :

index.php

Attachments

• RadioBoss 2 18Sep2018.jpg
    RadioBoss 2 18Sep2018.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 10,754
Bug:

When editing the cart, you can change the text color and background color. The example that comes up within the edit box will change the background color when it's changed in the settings, but the font color always stays black, even if a different color is chosen. If you click OK it does apply the selected color change correctly to the cart, so the functionality is there, but it is a bit confusing with the example / preview box not updating with the change.

P.S. love the feature, thanks!

This is not new for the Beta 5.8 and was happening before the Beta came along.
I am bringing them to your attention to see if they can be solved.

(A) EVENTS
Do Not Action This Event When Playlist is Stopped

I have this option ticked in all my events, but still the events appear in the Playlist when stopped.
However should the "Wait Option" box be ticked, they will disappear from the Playlist altogether when the wait time is up.
BUT surely if we have "Do Not Action" ticked nothing should be appearing in the Playlist at all ?

(B) BUTTONS
Stop After This Track Button

I was surprised to find this is not a one time push button.
When I went to resume the Playlist, nothing happened as this button was still active.
Should it not be just a one time push button that ceases its function as the track playing finishes ?

I do not know if it will be radioboss error or bad configuration to connect with the database ...

Attachments

• radioboss mysql.jpg
    radioboss mysql.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 2,251
Great, a new Beta to test :)
The feature list is nice, valuable new ones.
Waiting for the Beta license to test it
Thanks
Nico

Steffen Schultz said:
Can you add an option to select built-in plugin presets such as the normal/smooth/loud options in JB Broadcast? This would be helpful as a starting point for parameter modifications.
There's no standard VST feature for selecting presets, so I don't think that would be possible.

pety said:
We are waiting for years to schedule an event like this, in one way:
This is a good idea - I think the new feature can be extended to function this way :) See my reply to DJSTU (below) for some details and possible solution.

Michael G said:
Can't replicate but happened when new playlist was generated and loaded.
Thank you, this appears to be a bug.

DJSTU said:
I think this should be technically possible.
Same principle as Hours, but just the ability to have individual hours with extra and different minutes within the hour.
It seems that the feature has some demand :) One of the possible solutions would be to limit the minutes to hours in the minutes list. Like this:
Code:
15, 12:25, 35
The event will run in all selected hours at minutes 15 and 35. Except for hour 12, where it will run at 12:25.
Another way is to have a third option, in addition to "Hours" where multiple start times can be listed (this was actually planned for RB 5.9).

southernfm said:
When editing the cart, you can change the text color and background color. The example that comes up within the edit box will change the background color when it's changed in the settings, but the font color always stays black, even if a different color is chosen. If you click OK it does apply the selected color change correctly to the cart, so the functionality is there, but it is a bit confusing with the example / preview box not updating with the change.
The box should show the selected color - will be fixed in the next update, thank you.

DJSTU said:
Do Not Action This Event When Playlist is Stopped
I have this option ticked in all my events, but still the events appear in the Playlist when stopped.
Can you please specify how the playlist is stopped: did it end and stopped naturally, or you've hit the "stop" button? Only the latter case is considered as stopped playlist.

DJSTU said:
Stop After This Track Button
I was surprised to find this is not a one time push button.
When I went to resume the Playlist, nothing happened as this button was still active.
Should it not be just a one time push button that ceases its function as the track playing finishes ?
It can be one or multiple times - you can change the mode of operation by right-clicking the button :)

jopara said:
I do not know if it will be radioboss error or bad configuration to connect with the database ...
It appears to be a bug in RadioBOSS - please click the Details button and send the bug report, this way we'll see where the problem is.

nicotrak said:
Waiting for the Beta license to test it
The licenses are be sent within 48 hours of request (usually within 12 hours).

djsoft said:
There's no standard VST feature for selecting presets, so I don't think that would be possible.

Not in VST itself, but most host applications have the ability to select presets/programs. If a plugin doesn't provide one, the host simply shows a kind of dummy entry, e.g. "default".

Steffen Schultz said:
Not in VST itself, but most host applications have the ability to select presets/programs. If a plugin doesn't provide one, the host simply shows a kind of dummy entry, e.g. "default".
Technically this is possible, I'll add it to future developments list.

Hours with Variable Minutes
djsoft said:
One of the possible solutions would be to limit the minutes to hours in the minutes list. Like this:
Code: [Select]
15, 12:25, 35
The event will run in all selected hours at minutes 15 and 35. Except for hour 12, where it will run at 12:25.
NO... this way would be too confusing and messy.
Fine for those that understand it, but not for those who don't.
Absolutely go for that planned Third Option in update 5.9
BUT... if this is just a temporary interim solution for 5.8, then I would go for it.
I think most people here would understand how to operate it.

Stop After This Track
djsoft said:
It can be one or multiple times - you can change the mode of operation by right-clicking the button
Thank You...
Now that I know this feature, its doing what I want.

Events Being Inserted When Playlist is Stopped
djsoft said:
Can you please specify how the playlist is stopped: did it end and stopped naturally, or you've hit the "stop" button? Only the latter case is considered as stopped playlist.
I think this is a Bug that has crept in.
It never used to happen.
"Do Not Action" used to stop inserts, I think this has crept in the latest updates.
Wait time removes it after the time is up.
Remove Previous Schedule from the Playlist does remove the previous same event if a new one arrives.

If I hit the STOP button the events are still inserted in the Playlist.
If I hit STOP AFTER THIS TRACK it still inserts events in the Playlist.

Dmitry,
Congratulations for this new version. There are many exciting things to try ;D

Here one problem with MySQL

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 781
Good morning
That's when I open function "Clear cache" in the music library what happens, an error message.

Attachments

• 2018-09-19 08_41_29-AsPowerBar.jpg
    2018-09-19 08_41_29-AsPowerBar.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 760
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back