SMF disorting forum posts + application for become moderator

Hi there, espacially Dmitry.

I upset about Simple Machines Forum, the software used for these community.It's free and leightweight, I know. But it's very irritating, that every time I create a new post (or edit an existing) the post appears disorted. You have to edit an entry multiple times (like my Skype tutorial) so that it is all fine.

Maybe you could implement another software with all users and posts imported? I would suggest MyBB as an open source solution as well as SMF, or WoltLab Suite and forum as a commercial solution (what I am preferring to use like here). Costs 90 dollars with 1 year free updates.
I would assist with that in both cases, if needed.

Independently from that I would like to cosolidate my encouragement: Is there an option to incorporate me as a forum moderator / staff member?

Sincerely,
your german translator and happy RB user :P

Edit: Post was disorted.......

vk1337 // Basti said:
every time I create a new post (or edit an existing) the post appears disorted
I've never seen a problem like this. Can you please post a screenshot of how the problem looks?

vk1337 // Basti said:
or WoltLab Suite and forum
I really like how the WoltLab forum looks, it's much more modern than the existing SMF solution. This will be a candidate for a new forum software once we decide to change it. I'll need to make sure it supports all the features that the current forum has.

vk1337 // Basti said:
Independently from that I would like to cosolidate my encouragement: Is there an option to incorporate me as a forum moderator / staff member?
Thank you for the offer! Currently the "Moderators" and "Global moderators" groups here are customized to give lots of rights for our staff (who physically work here). I can create a special group like "Experienced user" (or use some other name - please tell me if you have a better alternative) for people who have lots of knowledge in RadioBOSS. What do you think?

djsoft said:
I've never seen a problem like this. Can you please post a screenshot of how the problem looks?
Screnshots attached a simple form of problem with line breaks.Ohter problems occuring when defining a custom font in editor. After saving and/or editing the font for a single paragraph changing. ALso when creationg numbered lists - sometimes they transform in bullet lists unwanted.

djsoft said:
I really like how the WoltLab forum looks, it's much more modern than the existing SMF solution. This will be a candidate for a new forum software once we decide to change it. I'll need to make sure it supports all the features that the current forum has.
I am really sure, that Woltlab supports all the features - comparing SMF an WOltlab is very tricky. May I can help you: What features espacially should be given?

djsoft said:
I can create a special group like "Experienced user" (or use some other name - please tell me if you have a better alternative) for people who have lots of knowledge in RadioBOSS. What do you think?
I would suggest "voluntary". A group with a bit more rights to moderatate (like moving or closing threads and editing posts).If you only want to distinguish between "newbies" and "experienced" users (without differencies in rights), your suggestion would be fine.

Attachments

• w1_001819.jpg
    w1_001819.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 303
  • w1_001820.jpg
    w1_001820.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 302
vk1337 // Basti said:
Screnshots attached a simple form of problem with line breaks.Ohter problems occuring when defining a custom font in editor. After saving and/or editing the font for a single paragraph changing. ALso when creationg numbered lists - sometimes they transform in bullet lists unwanted.
The line breaks work fine here. There are problems with lists, the syntax is pretty complex - but it works if formed correctly :)

vk1337 // Basti said:
I am really sure, that Woltlab supports all the features - comparing SMF an WOltlab is very tricky. May I can help you: What features espacially should be given?
There are lots of things to consider. One of the most important ones is to keep all old links working. Changing of the forum software to something else will be considered in the future, I think some time after the beta testing of RB 5.8 is over.

vk1337 // Basti said:
I would suggest "voluntary". A group with a bit more rights to moderatate (like moving or closing threads and editing posts).If you only want to distinguish between "newbies" and "experienced" users (without differencies in rights), your suggestion would be fine.
I added the Experienced users group - we'll start with that.

Back