Set mixpoint for "Start" and "End" in Teasers

Riddle

Would be nice to be able to set a seperate "mixpoint" for teaser starts and ends, since it could be nice to have a "tail" under the start sound with the "start" of the teaser and make a better mixout to the next track with the "end" of the teaser.

Riddle said:
Would be nice to be able to set a seperate "mixpoint" for teaser starts and ends, since it could be nice to have a "tail" under the start sound with the "start" of the teaser and make a better mixout to the next track with the "end" of the teaser.
This is possible if you create a file type for teasers. To create a file type for teaser, use the teaser= identifier. Then you'll be able to adjust crossfade settings for the file type.

File types: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Crossfades: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm

djsoft said:
Riddle said:
This is possible if you create a file type for teasers. To create a file type for teaser, use the teaser= identifier. Then you'll be able to adjust crossfade settings for the file type.

File types: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Crossfades: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm

interesting this feature but even reading the manual I could not make it work.

I think a lot of manual sum things are not explained in detail. Many others need to turn a lot in the forum and ask ...

NICKY G DJ said:
Can you please specify what is not working?

NICKY G DJ said:
I think a lot of manual sum things are not explained in detail. Many others need to turn a lot in the forum and ask ...
The manual is far from perfect, this is true :) Can you please tell what areas should be improved?

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:
Can you please specify what is not working?

I state that I am Italian and I translate the manual to understand the use. Many times I understand well but many other times just missing the procedure for how to do something.
Type to make this mixpoint function with the teaser refer to two parts of the manual, but then in practice I do not understand how to put things together ..
I created a new type of file called baseteaser, then I went into the teaser
and I put as teaser = baseteaser / transition = laser.mp3 / end = fineteaser.mp3

teaser = baseteaser is skipped ...

I do not understand the procedure and use well ....

I believe in the manual there are no concrete examples of use.

example:
- the remote api is specified a series of options but then you do not understand in practice how to implement them (not all of us are computer science genes)

- The same thing for the seduler's commands (I think a wizard for all the commands would help a lot)

- Another thing like to better manage MACRO and all kinds of instructions. I know this function because of other software where it is possible through variables day month year now and other settings, to be able to manage well both the download and the airing. here I can not find a detailed or at least exhaustive guide

For the idea that I have made of this software has great potential compared to other software of the competition, but many things that I think I do then I can not make them work.

edited: fix quote tags

When you create a file type for teaser, try assigning a color for it. If configuration is correct, you should see teasers marked with this color in the playlist.

NICKY G DJ said:
- the remote api is specified a series of options but then you do not understand in practice how to implement them (not all of us are computer science genes)
The API requires basic programming knowledge, this is not specific to RadioBOSS - any API has this requirement more or less.

NICKY G DJ said:
- The same thing for the seduler's commands (I think a wizard for all the commands would help a lot)
The wizard already exists and it allows using most of the commands - there's a button in the event window.

NICKY G DJ said:
- Another thing like to better manage MACRO and all kinds of instructions. I know this function because of other software where it is possible through variables day month year now and other settings, to be able to manage well both the download and the airing. here I can not find a detailed or at least exhaustive guide
The macro is explained here, with examples: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm (you'll need to click the "details" link).

NICKY G DJ said:
For the idea that I have made of this software has great potential compared to other software of the competition, but many things that I think I do then I can not make them work.
Partially this problem is because you use automatically translated use manual, I suppose many things become obscure because of it. But you can ask any questions here to get help :)

1. for the WIZARD I wanted to understand the use of the "all" commands of the panel on the left (see attached photo)

2. Are "automatic" macros always called only from "playlist generator pro"?

3. I can not create a "manual" playlist of mine where I enter the following line:
            track1.mp3 (chosen by me)
            voice_1_YYYY_mm_dd.mp3 (which picks it up in a specific folder, changing the file by the number of the day)
            track2.mp3 (chosen by me)
            voice_2_YYYY_mm_dd.mp3
            track3.mp3 (chosen by me)
            voice_3_YYYY_mm_dd.mp3

(or the music tracks randomly chosen? this maybe I have to do it with generator playlist)

4. Surely my interpretation of bad English the manual makes it more difficult for me to learn, also for this I was looking for a more specific guide in the various steps, so I helped a little with the translation, a bit with the illustrations, a bit with the various steps explained in detail and a little asking on the forum (also ask here to help me with google translator :))

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 315
Riddle said:

Maybe the friend RIDDLE wanted to understand you can do this thing with the TEASER, that is to create some overlap of track between start, transition and end .... (as in the diagram) ...

It would be right in this case (but also in other areas) to be able to start in fading the next track from a point established on the starter track (example starting from a mixout), the same thing for transitions between tracks ...

(To create a file type for teaser, use the teaser= identifier.)
ok but I do not understand where I should use this value "teaser = identifier" and if I just have to put "= identifier" or I have to put "teaser = identifier"

do you understand why I said that we needed more exhaustive and practical examples? also visual examples

Example I'm doing some tests (to learn how to use RB at best), and I inserted a "laser.mp3" effect as a transition file, now what happens is it possible that these types of effects, like others, are usable for this type of transition they have very long tails that end in fade ... now that happens between track and laser the fade sounds good, but when the second track has to start (let's talk about teaser clips), it must first finish reproducing the laser effect that going to dissolve me creates a sound imbalance not nice to hear as the sound is decreasing, and then the second track starts ... I would like the second track to start from a specific point (mixout) and then it would dissolve as default fadeout ...

however I was not able to color the teaser on the playlist, even if I inserted it among the file types ... but I'm probably wrong to insert it in the teaser ...

how do I add start files, transitions and end indicating a file identifier ??

teaser = identify this the command but I do not understand how and where to insert it, whether in the seduler or in the teaser preparation

Attachments

• teaser.jpg
    teaser.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 303
NICKY G DJ said:
1. for the WIZARD I wanted to understand the use of the "all" commands of the panel on the left (see attached photo)
That list includes the most commonly used commands. For the rest, you should copy them from the user manual, given that most of the commands require parameters, so user manual will be used anyway.

NICKY G DJ said:
The macro is typically used directly in the scheduled events. You enter something like C:\Radio\Hours\?hh.mp3 to the file name field and it will change the ?hh part to the current hour. There are some examples in the user manual.

NICKY G DJ said:
3. I can not create a "manual" playlist of mine where I enter the following line:
You can create playlist with those tags using a text editor, e.g. Notepad. Just list the file names with fuill path (with macro tags where needed, one per line), and save the file with m3u8 extension, encoded in UTF8.
The example of file contents:
Code:
C:\voices\voice_1_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
C:\voices\voice_2_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
C:\voices\voice_3_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
The ?yyyy and other macro will be changed on playback to the actual values.

NICKY G DJ said:
Maybe the friend RIDDLE wanted to understand you can do this thing with the TEASER, that is to create some overlap of track between start, transition and end .... (as in the diagram) ...
You can edit transitions in the teaser itself: in the Add Teaser window click Settings, and set the transition parameters to your needs. See the image attached.

If you want to edit how the teaser itself is mixed with preceding or following item in the playlist, then you need to create a file type for teaser (actually, the default file type already exists, named "Teased" but that depends on when you first installed RadioBOSS, it didn't exist in older versions).

Creating a file type: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Set the identifier to teaser= in the settings (please see the second screenshot).

After file type is created, edit its mixing settings in the crossfade settings for that file type: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm - please see the third screenshot.

Attachments

• 2018-11-22_16-09-19.png
    2018-11-22_16-09-19.png
    23 KB · Views: 318
  • 2018-11-22_16-11-54.png
    2018-11-22_16-11-54.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 325
  • 2018-11-22_16-12-59.png
    2018-11-22_16-12-59.png
    22 KB · Views: 305
djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:
That list includes the most commonly used commands. For the rest, you should copy them from the user manual, given that most of the commands require parameters, so user manual will be used anyway.

and is not it better a wizard with the instructions that guides you step by step?

NICKY G DJ said:
The macro is typically used directly in the scheduled events. You enter something like C:\Radio\Hours\?hh.mp3 to the file name field and it will change the ?hh part to the current hour. There are some examples in the user manual.

NICKY G DJ said:
You can create playlist with those tags using a text editor, e.g. Notepad. Just list the file names with fuill path (with macro tags where needed, one per line), and save the file with m3u8 extension, encoded in UTF8.
The example of file contents:
Code:
C:\voices\voice_1_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
C:\voices\voice_2_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
C:\voices\voice_3_?yyyy_?mm_?dd.mp3
The ?yyyy and other macro will be changed on playback to the actual values.

Forgive me, maybe I'm wrong that I think badly or I know other software and I imagine things like that other automation software would do ...

But why instead of using the notepad (notepad / notepad ++), these things can not be done directly in RadioBoss when creating a playlist? directly from the playlist editor I replace the macro variables in the file path? YYYY? mm? dd.mp3 ....

It would not be fair to have the possibility to create a playlist like this ...

-----------------------
- jingle
- random track 1 (select it based on a year, gender, author, bpm, etc.)
- (c: / voicetrack) voice track_1_? YYYY? mm? dd.mp3 (mix the voice track to intro on the next song - track 2)
- random track 2 (select it based on a year, gender, author, bpm, etc.)
- voice track_2_? YYYY? mm? dd.mp3 (mix the voice track that starts on 'Outro continue on white (if it is a long voice) and end perfectly to intro on the next song - track 3)
            [insertion times should clearly be calculated to finish on the intro]
            or if the voice track is very long does not fill Outro, intro not to speak the voice track on the void, insert me under the speech a base with volume at 20%
- random track 2 (select it based on a year, gender, author, bpm, etc.)
- voice track_2_? YYYY? mm? dd.mp3 (mix the voice track that starts on 'Outro continue on white (if it is a long voice) and end perfectly to intro on the next song - track 3)
            [insertion times should clearly be calculated to finish on the intro]
            or if the voice track is very long does not fill Outro, intro not to speak the voice track on the void, insert me under the speech a base with volume at 20%

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:
You can edit transitions in the teaser itself: in the Add Teaser window click Settings, and set the transition parameters to your needs. See the image attached.

If you want to edit how the teaser itself is mixed with preceding or following item in the playlist, then you need to create a file type for teaser (actually, the default file type already exists, named "Teased" but that depends on when you first installed RadioBOSS, it didn't exist in older versions).

Creating a file type: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm
Set the identifier to teaser= in the settings (please see the second screenshot).

After file type is created, edit its mixing settings in the crossfade settings for that file type: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm - please see the third screenshot.

Honestly, I still can not understand well ...

In practice, should I set the FADE IN / OUT values for the fade?
but if I put fade in / out 1.0 on the file type teaser, if I have the transizon file (laser.mp3) (teaser) of 5 sec with those settings I would have at the beginning of the "transition" 1sec IN that dissolves with in song 3sec lasts the laser.mp3 file clean, then I would have 1sec at the end that mixes with the next song ???

in practice, increase the IN / OUT fade values and make the file longer ???

NICKY G DJ said:
But why instead of using the notepad (notepad / notepad ++), these things can not be done directly in RadioBoss when creating a playlist? directly from the playlist editor I replace the macro variables in the file path? YYYY? mm? dd.mp3 ....
Typically it is used in the scheduler and you can enter those valued directly when you create a scheduled event - place those in the filename field, or use the Multiple Actions window and use those commands there.

Or, create a base playlist in RadioBOSS and save it to .m3u8 file. Then edit the file to include tags where needed.

NICKY G DJ said:
in practice, increase the IN / OUT fade values and make the file longer
Fade in and fade out only control the playback volume. Overlapping with the next track is controlled by the Mix option.

Back