problem with metadata broadcasting on shoutcast auto dj servers

patrick.emry

there has been an ongoing issue whenever I broadcast on a Shoutcast server that has auto DJ and log in with info generated with DJ manager I get an error when the song changes  this is the above-mentioned error," error;"[E-1] Failed to update title (Output 1): error -1", also radio boss fails to get analytics from the server however when I broadcast to a server that doesn't have auto DJ set up in the manner described above everything works fine is there a workaround or solution for this problem

Patrick Emry said:
I get an error when the song changes  this is the above-mentioned error," error;"[E-1] Failed to update title (Output 1): error -1"
Does it happen on each song or only on some of them? If it's all songs, that would mean the server does not accept title updates - in this case, you should contact your stream host and ask them why (they have access to server logs to see the cause of this).

Patrick Emry said:
adio boss fails to get analytics from the server
When you broadcast using a DJ account, you usually connect to a different port, and it does not usually provide statistic information. But RadioBOSS supports statistic relays, that allow collecting stats from the server where listeners are connected. Please see this user manual page for more information about  this: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/statistic-relays.htm

When you configure a statistic relay, open the statistics window (Tools->Broadcasting statistics) and see if it displays the number of listeners. In case of an error, it will show you an error message instead - hover a mouse over it to see the full text.

everything works fine on a server that doesnt have auto dj  or the shoutcast dj manager set up  , it only happens on servers with auto dj  and dj manager set up

as for the server logs, im doing a test broadcast with a different server set up the same way so hopefully ill have those from the provider in a day or two  its having the same issue ive used a few servers its definitely a radio boss issue with this specific server configuration, unfortunately, i work for a  small  semi-professional radio site and would like to use radio boss over virtual DJ because of the audio routing capabilities having the song artist and title are key in that instance

Patrick Emry said:
everything works fine on a server that doesnt have auto dj  or the shoutcast dj manager set up  , it only happens on servers with auto dj  and dj manager set up
More information is needed to diagnose this, please provide some details: what server/port you're broadcasting to, and what is the listening link?

Patrick Emry said:
its having the same issue ive used a few servers its definitely a radio boss issue with this specific server configuration
I don't think there's something wrong with RadioBOSS. It's the way some servers work, when you broadcast to one server, and listeners are connecting to another, and in this case statistics are not available in automatic mode. And that's when you need to use the Statistic Relay feature to still get the stats.

it is not just about getting stats, its the song metadata isn't showing up at the server end and I'm getting an error, working for a semi-professional site it has to show the song metadata and its not I get the error I stated in the first post, its not isolated to one server it seems to happen with any server with the specific configuration above, I rented a second server to test i can give you the IP and port two of the servers I tested with, one is  IP: 173.208.145.10
Port: 5824  listen link http://173.208.145.10:9960/stream
and the other is IP: 108.61.154.147
Port: 5830    listen link  http://108.61.154.147:6966
my main question is  is there a workaround so i can get the metadata to show up on the server side

Patrick Emry said:
it is not just about getting stats, its the song metadata isn't showing up at the server end and I'm getting an error
If you didn't change the metadata settings in RadioBOSS, it will always send the currently playing track title to the server. If the title does not appear, it could be due to specific server configuration, in this case, you should inspect server logs to see why it's rejecting title update.

Patrick Emry said:
one is  IP: 173.208.145.10
Port: 5824   listen link newbielink:http://173.208.145.10:9960/stream
In this case, you broadcast to port 5824 and listen from another port, 9960. RadioBOSS is sending titles to port 5824 and it must relay those titles to the server that is on port 9960. It appears that it fails to relay for some reason. Some AutoDJ software has poor support for Unicode, and that may be your case - try switching to ANSI encoding in the encoder settings in RadioBOSS (it's on Metadata tab).

tried what you suggested  [E-1] Failed to update title (Output 2): error -1.i really want to find a workaround or I'm going to have to go back to using virtual DJ

Patrick Emry said:
tried what you suggested  [E-1] Failed to update title (Output 2): error -1.i really want to find a workaround or I'm going to have to go back to using virtual DJ
Please contact your stream hosting support, only they will be able to tell you why title update from RadioBOSS is not accepted. They should see in the logs what's wrong.

Hello, we have the same problem and the server log say:

2019-03-05 13:22:54 I msg:[titleupdate] receiving DJ metadata "DJeaY%3A%3A%3A%20Die%20Toten%20Hosen%20-%20Zehn%20Kleine%20Jaegermeister"
2019-03-05 13:22:54 W msg:[titleupdate]  DJ password has bad format

But at the same time  i can connect and go on the stream.

did you have any idea to fix this?

Nice greetz and sorry for my bad english

DJeaY

Hola, se me ha presentado exactamente el mismo problema, al instalar la versi?n Trial, pese a que he seguido rigurosamente todos los pasos de configuraci?n. Actualmente uso deleted, software gratuito, el cual no presenta este inconveniente al conectar a un servidor con Dj autom?tico y Dj manager. Es mi anhelo cambiarme a Radio Boss, por cuanto es un software mucho m?s completo, pero este problema dificulta mi decisi?n.

Back