(N.) File explorer improvements

NICKY G DJ

A thing like that, numbered buttons with memorized different paths, and on the right a drop-down menu where we find the same memorization [1,2,3 ...] in text format (folder name).
I think it's a simple and immediate thing to use and also to achieve.

The system that currently RB uses if I understand correctly is to create a new explorer card with different paths ... Let's assume I use 10+ quick accesses, I should have the screen filled with 10 tabs, as I propose it all happens in a only TAB. Nothing prevents the creation of another TAG explorer, each with 10 fast accesses (1TAB = 10 fast accesses / 3TAB = 30 fast accesses) with the current system need 30 TABs for 30 quick accesses stored (with the fear that they can move the folder storage)

I hope you will treasure my considerations.

Attachments

• ACCESSO RAPIDO.JPG
    ACCESSO RAPIDO.JPG
    355.8 KB · Views: 410
NICKY G DJ said:
The system that currently RB uses if I understand correctly is to create a new explorer card with different paths
Yes, you can simply create as many File Explorer tabs as you need and point each of them to a folder you need. In the future it will be improved, and it'll be possible to limit file explorer tab to a certain folder.

NICKY G DJ said:
I should have the screen filled with 10 tabs, as I propose it all happens in a only TAB.
Numbers are not that descriptive, and I'm not sure if it's a common task to have quick access to 30 folders as in your example. While you can name tabs and if there are 5-10 of them it should be more convenient to use. Please note there are different work zones you can use in the View->Work Zones.

NICKY G DJ said:
I should have the screen filled with 10 tabs, as I propose it all happens in a only TAB.
Numbers are not that descriptive, and I'm not sure if it's a common task to have quick access to 30 folders as in your example. While you can name tabs and if there are 5-10 of them it should be more convenient to use. Please note there are different work zones you can use in the View->Work Zones.
[/quote]

that of having 30 TABs is purely an example (I think it is unattainable such a thing, but not unrealistic).

But I believe that having the possibility in a TAB explorer to have a drop-down menu with several already memorized routes of easy recall is the best choice, also because you can have 1 TAB explorer put in that place where all the activities of search inside the PC ... (this does not mean that you can always create other TAB explorer, but those spaces that would employ other tab explorer I would use them for other things and not have many tabs, is part of UX design this is not?)

I'm not sure it's typical to manage lots of folders from within RadioBOSS. As it allows to create tabs, this is enough for most use cases. How many folders do you manage on practice? 30 folders looks like more of a theoretic case than a real one :)

By the way, we plan on including a feature to limit file explorer to a certain folder, to make a tree start from a set folder, not from desktop as it is now.

I tried to do as you said but it does not work.
I tried both with: nocover.PNG, nocover.png, nocover.JPG, nocover.jpg.

I always load the cover of SHANIA TWAIN but I do not keep it on the PC and it's not even hidden.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 386
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 399
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 399
NICKY G DJ said:
I tried to do as you said but it does not work.
I tried both with: nocover.PNG, nocover.png, nocover.JPG, nocover.jpg.
The file needs to be named nocover.png, letter case does not matter, NoCover.PNG will work too, for instance. The file should be placed into the settings folder. I also suggest restarting RadioBOSS.

NICKY G DJ said:
I always load the cover of SHANIA TWAIN but I do not keep it on the PC and it's not even hidden.
Please open Settings, General tab, click Advanced Configuration button, make sure the "Album Cover - try reading cover art from folder" is set to False.

Please open Settings, General tab, click Advanced Configuration button, make sure the "Album Cover - try reading cover art from folder" is set to False.

in this way I SOLVE !!!
the problem that in 5.7.2.0 I can not find "advanced configuration".

The test to see if it works I did it with the Beta 5.8

How do I solve with version 5.7.2?

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 399
NICKY G DJ said:
the problem that in 5.7.2.0 I can not find "advanced configuration".

The test to see if it works I did it with the Beta 5.8

How do I solve with version 5.7.2?
This is only supported in RadioBOSS 5.8 and up.

Back