RadioBoss 5.8.0.7 Bug Stop after this Track sending wrong metadata

Pretmaker

Broadcasting to Shoutcast V1,

STR:

Play a song, press Break after this track (make sure it's set to stop once).

Just let it stop after the track and play an item that doesn't send the metadata to the server from the playlist (or the cartwall).

Then resume normal playback.

It shouldn't broadcast Unknown Artist - Empty Title.

Attachments

• Playlistlogging.png
    Playlistlogging.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 433
  • logging RadioBoss.PNG
    logging RadioBoss.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 409
RadioBOSS does not send this text (Unknown Artist - Empty Title) - it appears to come from somewhere else, e.g. from a widget that displays recent songs list on a web site.

Indeed.

It will send an empty header instead of sending nothing like it did in previous versions when nothing was playing.

At which point the shoutcast server would stay with the old name. I suspect the change in code to enable setting the text with stopped after playback in the configuration is the source of the issue. This has been added in this release from what I can tell from an older version on another PC that's running here.

The advanced option to set the TExt - Nowplaying text when stopped, will send an empty header to the shoutcast server where the previous behavior was different.

And this will fubar lots of people who rely on the statistics with online radio stations who for example use Last.FM integration to make the metadata from DJ's a bit more universal. As the universal data is used to report to the licensing body to pay out the artists.

Pretmaker said:
The advanced option to set the TExt - Nowplaying text when stopped, will send an empty header to the shoutcast server where the previous behavior was different.
Now it always sends the empty title if there's no other title to send. I suggest to make sure all your tracks have titles so that when you start streaming it will send the correct title.

The problem is not with sending the title of a song, the problem is that it sends an enpty title if playback is stopped.

I assume the function Stop After this track is used to talk after the music while using the cartwall to play a background song. Unless I'm using RadioBoss wrong :P

But to do that, I want the playback stopped. Items in the playlist would show the wrong timing information so i can't time it correctly anymore.

Pretmaker said:
The problem is not with sending the title of a song, the problem is that it sends an enpty title if playback is stopped.
Yes, this is the intended behavior as of RadioBOSS 5.8. We can add a config option to prevent this from happening - when playback is stopped, it will not send anything to the server, leaving the last title intact.

Well, it would be greatly appreciated for that to be added so that it can be turned back to the old behavior and to what other professional software uses.

However if this is actually how it should work, as in conforming with the actual Shoutcast/icecast specification, I think it should stay as it should be. I don't really have the connections to get this answer from the dev's of IceCast and ShoutCast.

Pretmaker said:
Well, it would be greatly appreciated for that to be added so that it can be turned back to the old behavior and to what other professional software uses.
An option to control this will be added, it's not a big deal.

Pretmaker said:
However if this is actually how it should work, as in conforming with the actual Shoutcast/icecast specification, I think it should stay as it should be. I don't really have the connections to get this answer from the dev's of IceCast and ShoutCast.
I don't think there are any specifications about this. The login behind the current behavior is that the title on the server is for a track that is currently playing. If nothing is playing, there should be no title.
By the way, for talking between tracks, you can use timed pauses with custom streaming titles (Playlist->Add pause).

Pretmaker said:
So is this solved in the "small bug fixes". Haven't seen anything about this in the release notes.
A configuration option was added in Settings, General, click "Advanced configuration" button, enable the "Broadcast - Do not send empty title when playback is stopped" option (set it to True).

I'm sorry for misinformation, this option only exists in the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.9, it does not present in 5.8.

Back