[Facebook Live] Facebook Live streaming with RadioBOSS

djsoft

Staff member
The guide shows how to create a Facebook Live stream using RadioBOSS. The stream will consist of a static image (e.g. radio station logo) and audio from what is playing in RadioBOSS.

Install FFMpeg
1. Download FFMpeg from https://www.ffmpeg.org (you will need Windows build) or use the file hosted on our server: https://dl.djsoft.net/ffmpeg.sfx.exe
2. Unpack FFMpeg archive. In the example we'll use C:\ffmpeg location.

Get Facebook Live streaming credentials
1. Visit https://www.facebook.com/live/create and click the Create live stream option.
2. It is recommended to enable the "Use a persistent stream key" option to prevent stream key from changing on each broadcast.
c. The Server URL and Persistent Stream Key will be needed for the next step

Create custom encoder in RadioBOSS
1. Open Settings and navigate to Broadcasting. Click the Advanced button and then click the Custom encoders button.
2. In the custom encoders window press the + button, name the encoder ("FB Live" in the example) and enter the following command:
C:\ffmpeg.exe -r 30 -loop 1 -i "path_to_image" -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a aac -b:a 128k -c:v h264 -b:v 768k -g 60 -f flv "stream"

Change the path_to_image part to actual image location, e.g. C:\radio\background.jpg

Change the stream part to Server URL and Persistent Stream Key, following each other. For instance,
Server URL is rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/
Persistent Stream Key is 10204966136309946?ds=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwYXNiE0zQsjgJY
The stream would be
Code:
rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/10204966136309946?ds=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwYXNiE0zQsjgJY

The example of how the final command would look like:
C:\ffmpeg.exe -r 30 -loop 1 -i "C:\radio\background.jpg" -f s16le -ac {Channels} -ar {SampleRate} -i - -c:a aac -b:a 128k -c:v h264 -b:v 768k -g 60 -f flv "rtmp://live-api-s.facebook.com:80/rtmp/10204966136309946?ds=1&s_sw=0&s_vt=api-s&a=AbwYXNiE0zQsjgJY"

Start streaming
1. Add new encoder in RadioBOSS. Enter [IA]:8000:50 to the Server field.
2. At the bottom, select the "FB Live" encoder. Make sure the rest of the settings are at their defaults: sample rate is 44100, channels - stereo, bitrate - 128 kbps. Click OK.
3. Start music playback in RadioBOSS.

On successful connection, the report in the bottom-left corner will show the following message: Connected to server! (output N). and the stream will be available on the Facebook live page.

The Facebook page should now show the image and play audio (it can be muted by default on the facebook page).

Attachments

• fb1.png
    fb1.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 2,546
  • fb2.png
    fb2.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,342
  • fb3.png
    fb3.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 2,260
  • fb4.png
    fb4.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 2,186
  • fb5.png
    fb5.png
    91.5 KB · Views: 2,251
Last edited:
Alberto Carmona said:
Encoder closed (output 2) - possibly unsupported format. Restarting...
Please make sure all parameters for ffmpeg are correct and the credentials for streaming are actually working.

Dimitris good morning. I would like to ask you to provide more information about installing and adjusting to what we download.

??????? ?????????? said:
Dimitris good morning. I would like to ask you to provide more information about installing and adjusting to what we download.
You only need to download ffmpeg, there are links in the first post.

Dimitris thank you for your answer! I want to tell you the steps I'm taking to see what's wrong. step 1. download the file from the first download link. the problem I'm facing there is that I do not have an installation file how to install it. next step. I open the radioboss and then go to the relay. there I choose for advanced and in the name I write Facebook live. in the command I put the text that you have given us. my question now to them is. First, How do I install the file and secondly I will put facebook rtmp and password. thank you in advance for your answer!

??????? ?????????? said:
download the file from the first download link. the problem I'm facing there is that I do not have an installation file how to install it
It's not needed to be installed, you only need to extract the archive.

Anyway, the procedure currently is somewhat complex, so you may wish to wait until RadioBOSS has native support for RTMP streaming.

djsoft said:
WiReXF said:
youtu.be/pp572lQUvk4 why dont work?
Can you please provide more information on the problem?
I did exactly as written in the instructions.
I connect to the server (Connected to server! (Output 1)), start the music and give the error "Encoder closed (output 1) - possibly unsupported format. Restarting ..."

I followed every step and checked every detail of the instructions but it does not work!!!!

1) I created in the proper encoder in the custom encoders list adding the edited with the given parameters by the Facebook. But I get an error message (Error code 2)!!!
2) During the creation of the live stream in the Facebook 1) The "Go live" button remains inactive!!!

Also I noticed that something has changed in the Facebook:
The API supports only RTMPS!!! So I used the exact server URL as given!!!

Any ideas about the way to resolve it????...

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 804
  • Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 672
Currently I can't provide you with any solution for this. We work on improving RTMP/RTMPS support, and in one of the future RadioBOSS updates it will be much easier, you just input the stream URL and that's it.

Hi community. I have followed all the steps and it works excellent. A query, where should I modify to lower the quality? In Facebook reports I see that the climb is cut at times.

Mike Spencer said:
Hi community. I have followed all the steps and it works excellent. A query, where should I modify to lower the quality? In Facebook reports I see that the climb is cut at times.
You can modify the command line to change encoding parameters. But there's not much you can do as Facebook has requirements on formats, sizes etc.

Back