(N.) MY NEW GRAPHIC PROPOSAL AND RESTYLING OF RB (USERS GIVE ME ANY OPINION YOU)

NICKY G DJ

I would like to propose a new look, more beautiful, modern and functional.

In the fourth technical table there are explanations of the various panels.

I am sure that Dmitri and the team will not take this graphic design into consideration in any way, but I have recently met RadioBoss, I fell in love with it and I evaluate its potential, but this leads to changes.

I hope that the staff of RB understands and can evaluate the efficiency and the modernity of this new graphic ...

I ask you users for an opinion and a vote.
Would you like to see Radioboss in the future like this? You like it?

Attachments

• RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1.jpg
    RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 464
  • RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia.jpg
    RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 390
  • RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia 2.jpg
    RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 396
  • RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia 3.jpg
    RADIOBOSS PROJECT_Tavola disegno 1 copia 3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 422
Thank you for the images to show how it looks! This is really impressive, and there are some interesting ideas.

What I think can be added in a relatively near future is:
- the level meter on the right side
- the icons for weather and humidity and other changes in the area that shows current time/date
- collapsible areas for zones, left side etc (this is already possible but using the menu and is not really convenient)
- larger fonts, icons etc

The overall look is much more modern than it looks now that's for sure :)

Let's wait what other people have to say on this.

I believe I have studied all the best solutions for good. Although there would be a lot more to do but my proposal is a good start.

1. many things I would have omitted (like new playlist, save, insert etc. but since I have now inserted them, I would have preferred to make them from the context menu in the playlist.

2. I believe that the song on the air should have its importance with a lot of covers, intro, outro and waveform.

3. I removed the previous song card, it is useless, when it went it went if we really want to know there is the LOG sheet.

4. I have compacted the information sheets for next song, Next playlist, next time ADS ...
even if the next song could be OMITTED, the aim is that the next song must always be the first of the playlist (the first one excluded the song on the air).
Also for this I added a send button to the number 1 ..
In practice if I have a song in the lineup at position 15 and I want to put it in the queue after the song on the air, wide press the button and the song moves it over ...

5. In the playlist, I created standard information for everything, without having the cards movable, and the superfluous information I have included in the info TAB below, collapsible.

6. The Jingle buttons have inserted them, but I think they are superfluous I do not understand the usefulness, there are as many charts well possible and imaginable, you just have to study how to activate the keyboard commands (I managed with 2 keyboards connected! !!!)

7. The TAB side panels can be collapsed by clicking on the double left / right arrow icon, it would be nice and useful for the tabs to move around the mouse click + drag.
and the vertical TABs are raised and lowered automatically with the click of the mouse without pressing and dragging, it is faster with the click (once the customizable height has been set, RB must remember the position at the click)

8. I have inserted the buttons for most of the commands and functions of RB, to have them at hand and be quick, also because every time I go crazy to remember if the Teaser is under the heading playlists or settings and so on. (example)

9. Do we make radioboss a great software?
I would like it and you ??

NICKY G DJ said:
3. I removed the previous song card, it is useless, when it went it went if we really want to know there is the LOG sheet.
It has to stay - there was no "Last played track" in the past, and it was requested a lot :) It can be made optional, though.

NICKY G DJ said:
6. The Jingle buttons have inserted them, but I think they are superfluous I do not understand the usefulness, there are as many charts well possible and imaginable
The purpose of those jingles is quick access using the 1-9 keyboard keys. Cart wall keyboard operation, as you have already noticed, is far from perfect.

NICKY G DJ said:
8. I have inserted the buttons for most of the commands and functions of RB, to have them at hand and be quick, also because every time I go crazy to remember if the Teaser is under the heading playlists or settings and so on. (example)
This is a good idea. This should also be configurable.

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:
It has to stay - there was no "Last played track" in the past, and it was requested a lot :) It can be made optional, though.

I would like to understand what it takes to know the previous song ...
1. I could see in the log if I'm interested.
2. if the problem is not to repeat the same song, you might think to highlight the songs already transmitted in the last hour, half an hour at regular intervals from the settings, with different colors in the "search" panel or in the "music library "
It is clearly conceivable for an option that can be customized as desired.

NICKY G DJ said:
6. The Jingle buttons have inserted them, but I think they are superfluous I do not understand the usefulness, there are as many charts well possible and imaginable
The purpose of those jingles is quick access using the 1-9 keyboard keys. Cart wall keyboard operation, as you have already noticed, is far from perfect.
it is then no longer work to free the keys from 1-9 for the jingles (maybe just for the numpad) and make them work
for jingles inserted in a chartwell TAB? Depending on the open tab, keys 1-9 always work.
so I create a TAB for the Jingle, one for the FX, etc ... or a mixed TAB, 4 jingles + 5FX ...
Also because the Jingle paletet is more uncomfortable in the use of the chartwell. when you press the es button 1 opens a tab next to the LOG and to stop must press STOP with the mouse ...
the chartwell is more functional ... even visually, the jingle palette shows only 9 numbers but I can not remember the jingle I want to which number is assigned, with the chartwell it is visually better, then it is at the top I see it, i jingle appears bottom left and I do not see it.

a nice restyling of the chartwell ?? :)

NICKY G DJ said:
This is a good idea. This should also be configurable.

just as configurable as you like, but these are choices programming techniques, I am a designer, I limited myself to sketching graphic ideas, as I also have other ideas that I have not expressed, .... but it all depends on you ... if I knew how to design the software, I would certainly have made a more powerful and versatile automatic transmission program. :) I have a head full of ideas

edit: fixed quote tags

I forgot to write it: Clicking on the song icon in the playlist starts the preview of the track in the headphones.

Attachments

• Annotazione 2018-11-30 205941.jpg
    Annotazione 2018-11-30 205941.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 342
NICKY G DJ said:
I would like to understand what it takes to know the previous song ...
You can quickly select it in the playlist, or announce what was just playing without analyzing the log window. It has its uses for sure.

NICKY G DJ said:
it is then no longer work to free the keys from 1-9 for the jingles (maybe just for the numpad) and make them work
for jingles inserted in a chartwell TAB?
We always have to consider backwards compatibility. Anyway, 1-9 keys are not enough for cart wall. I think we'll come up with some solution though, like use the Scroll Lock key to switch between regular hot keys and cart wall keys.

NICKY G DJ said:
I forgot to write it: Clicking on the song icon in the playlist starts the preview of the track in the headphones.
This is already possible, you can click the speaker icon in the playlist. The track icon is used to drag track between different playlists.

vk1337 // Basti said:
I'm fine with this idea, but I wouldn't renew the complete UI at once. More slightly.
Of course, one step at a time. We plan on re-doing the playlist window and toolbar on RadioBOSS 5.9 or 6.0.

If its not broke.. why fix it?
I would suggest that their be a default setup and if you want to design your own UI, you could do that

smcalpine said:
If its not broke.. why fix it?
I would suggest that their be a default setup and if you want to design your own UI, you could do that
We won't be redoing the whole UI as it will make updating for existing users inconvenient. But it will be improved to look better. Some ideas proposed in the first post are indeed very good.

Looks very nice, but too bloated.
Long time ago, when I searched for a RAS, I found RB very powerfull and not bloated at all.
There is no need to follow a college to learn a RAS.

pety said:
Long time ago, when I searched for a RAS, I found RB very powerfull and not bloated at all.
Yes, it shouldn't be bloated. But currently the UI is looks a bit dated, so we plan on making some improvements. Nothing radical, of course :)

The looks is very modern, but also a little much bloated , I think the better is in the half way, modern and fancy and also functional as always RB is ...

Back