(N.) Seduler list and download and ADS

NICKY G DJ

I believe that the "SCHEDULER list" panel is designed to complicate things ... I explain them.

I noticed that in the SCHEDULER all the programming elements appear, and it is also right but I (in order not to crowd the list with 200.000 elements), I would propose to create TAB or sections apart from the SCHEDULER for the category
DOWNLOAD, and ADS.
In SCHEDULER I would only put the programming elements to populate the playlists and not the download elements that would create a separate section. Idem ADS.

Ok you would tell me but can always create GROUPS and close and expand the group view. It is a better current choice, but it complicates the thing ...

For example, for the ADS entry, a superimposed warning window might appear with the next ADS block ready to be broadcast and next to the radio buttons:
"play immediately",
"put it in line after the current song on the air",
"enter it manually with the mouse in the position of the favorite playlist"
    Clearly this is useful when there is a live speaker to better manage the insertion of the spots ...
For an automatic airing without anyone live, the panel will always appear, but when the time is set, the ADS will be inserted into the playlist by themselves

The Download, I would expand the Wizard with the ability to insert more data, and MACRO files. In the field "playlist / track, filename or command" I would avoid writing in full
"download http: // USERNAME: PASSWORD@www.example.com/file1.exe D: \ savedfile.ext"

I would opt for event names like: "Download ranking" and clicking edit I get a panel like the wizard with all the data well marked field by field so for an easy reading and understanding of the various parameters.

NICKY G DJ said:
I would propose to create TAB or sections apart from the SCHEDULER for the category
DOWNLOAD, and ADS.
This will lead to having two scheduled events list, and can be confusing - like accidental launch of some event that is in the second list and no one looked at it when checking events...

NICKY G DJ said:
Clearly this is useful when there is a live speaker to better manage the insertion of the spots ...
There's a "Manual" option to not launch events (but show countdown) that can be used for live broadcasts.

NICKY G DJ said:
The Download, I would expand the Wizard with the ability to insert more data
Yes, that could be done - added to the list for future updates.

Could I propose to START UP the download MANUALLY also by clicking on the GROUP entry or THE SELECTION OF MORE FILE?

Currently it is only feasible for a scheduler menu item

NICKY G DJ said:
Could I propose to START UP the download MANUALLY also by clicking on the GROUP entry or THE SELECTION OF MORE FILE?
You can select a download event and click the Run Now to launch it (initiate download).

Back