Exact time for playlist

knobby

HI,
I'm slowly getting used to RadioBoss and can generate playlists using the playlist creator. If I create a playlist of 8 hours, the actual playlist comes back as longer, say 8 hours 2 minutes. How can I force this playlist to stop after exactly 8 hours?
Thanks

Playlist generator creates playlists that have the set duration or higher - this is to prevent any possible silence on air. If you want to stop playback, or play something else after the generated playlist ends, you should schedule an event to do so - use the "stop" command to stop playback, or start some other playlist.

If I schedule another playlist to start before the first one has completely finished, do I get a hard abrupt transition or does the first one fade out?

knobby said:
If I schedule another playlist to start before the first one has completely finished, do I get a hard abrupt transition or does the first one fade out?
It will fade out. It can wait for the current song to finish, or end it (but still with fade) - it is controlled by the "Run scheduled launch without waiting for track to finish" option.
You can also consider using the "Maximum time wait" option to allow it waiting up to N seconds for the song to finish.
Please see the event options user manual page for more details: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm

It will fade out. It can wait for the current song to finish, or end it (but still with fade) - it is controlled by the "Run scheduled launch without waiting for track to finish" option.
You can also consider using the "Maximum time wait" option to allow it waiting up to N seconds for the song to finish. Please see the event options user manual page for more details: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm

I can only get a hard transition from one event to another. The page indicated in the manual doesn't say how to make the first event  (e.g. playlist) fade out, with the new event starting dead on the hour. Can you help?

Leyland said:
I can only get a hard transition from one event to another. The page indicated in the manual doesn't say how to make the first event  (e.g. playlist) fade out, with the new event starting dead on the hour. Can you help?
It will fade out according to the crossfade settings: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/crossfades.htm

Thanks for this but it's not obvious how that is the case.  I'm using 5.6.07.

The Crossfades section of the manual does not give enough specific information to explain how to do this. Are the two playlists concerned recognised as Music in the Settings/Crossfades dialog? Or do I need to add a File Type category "Playlists"?

A worked example showing settings in the Crossfades dialog would be helpful. I'd like the first playlist to fade over the course of ten seconds, with the second playlist then kicking in at a pre-scheduled time. The settings given in the attachment result in the second playlist starting without the first playlist fading out.

What, please, am I doing wrong? TVIA

Attachments

• RadioBOSS Crossfades.png
    RadioBOSS Crossfades.png
    159.6 KB · Views: 326
Leyland said:
The Crossfades section of the manual does not give enough specific information to explain how to do this. Are the two playlists concerned recognised as Music in the Settings/Crossfades dialog? Or do I need to add a File Type category "Playlists"?
Evety track that does not belong to any file type is considered as "Music". On youre screenshot, there's no mic point (meaning no track overlap) and also no fade in - meaning tracks will start at full volume. This means hard transition between tracks.

Thanks for your reply.

We're not concerned about the *fade in* of the new playlist - it can/should start at full volume.

The transition we want to make happen is. e.g.:

- Playlist 1 starts to fades out
- Playlist 1 has faded to a low level
- Playlist 2 kicks in at full volume
- Playlist 1 has stopped playing

We still cannot see a way of making this happen. A worked example would help greatly - then we can easily replicate it many times over. 

Many thanks.

There's fade out setting to make it fade out, and Mix that controls track overlap. Please try different options to see how this works for you. In your current setup, you have turned off Mix so there's no overlap and next track will start only after currently played track faded out to 0.

Understood.

There's fade out setting to make it fade out,

Yes, as shown, it's set to a 10-second fade out but unfortunately, the playlist doesn't fade out.

and Mix that controls track overlap.

Please try different options to see how this works for you. In your current setup, you have turned off Mix so there's no overlap and next track will start only after currently played track faded out to 0.

Yes, that's exactly what we want - for playlist 1 to fade to 0 and for playlist 2 then to start. Unfortunately, playlist 1 doesn't fade to 0. It cuts out dead.

Try inserting a fadeout 10000 command at about 59:48.  PLaylist 1 will stop after a 10 sec fade at 59:58, there will be a 2 sec pause (silence) and playlist 2 will kick in at TOTH.  ;)

Leyland said:
Yes, as shown, it's set to a 10-second fade out but unfortunately, the playlist doesn't fade out.
It should fade out, unless the playing track belongs to some file type where fade out is zero, or you used Segue Editor to change fades, or a custom fade out option is set in Track Tool - you can check is this is the case.

Back