Cue points are disappear

BranimirK

Hi, I was copy the music base from PC VM where we play with RB 5.8 to another comp but when I load this files in another RB on that PC, the cue points wasn't there. Does anyone know what happened?

BranimirK said:
Hi, I was copy the music base from PC VM where we play with RB 5.8 to another comp but when I load this files in another RB on that PC, the cue points wasn't there. Does anyone know what happened?
If you didn't switch the additional storage location (that is where cue points are stored), then it's stored in the music files, in a tag. To get the points back, you'll need to copy the music files.

BranimirK said:
I did not change the additionalstorage location, still file tag. I don't understand, copy where?
In this case, copying music files will also copy all cue points as well. With possible exception for WAV and FLAC tracks, where additional info is stored in alternate data streams - you need to make sure the streams are copied as well.

Those are stored in a filesystem but copying it over a network or FTP or using a USB stick that is not using NTFS system will lead to this information not being copied.

You can put your music files to a RAR archive: https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
When creating, on the Advanced tab, select the "Save file streams" option.

Back