Advanced playlist generation and track popularity monitoring.

Christian

First of all I want to say RadioBoss is definitely a great tool with many advanced scheduling features that make our radio automated with a professional sounding.  :)

Our radio is now running a large music library. Almost all songs are tagged using ?comment? field so RadioBoss can generate proper playlist depending on the music type we want at playlist generation time.
This is nice but would it be possible to go a step further in a way so that popular tracks and newly added tracks are played on a more regular basis. For instance is it possible to rate a new added song so it has an heavier rotation than older ones?

I also look for a way to get a feedback from our listeners. This to improve our playlists.
Of course I can setup a poll on the radio web site and suggest listeners to rate each song. But I am thinking of getting this info automatically. Would it be possible to monitor listeners connection/disconnection for each song. To calculate the percentage of listeners gain/loss for each song. Example : beginning of the song 98 listeners, end of the song 102 : average listeners 100, difference +4 -> 4% gain.
For each song leveraging all monitored values over let say 1 week could give a feedback on song popularity.
Do you think it make sense ?

Thank you for good words!

The playlist generator will be improved, probably, there will be 2 (or more) editions available. Something like "Playlist Generator Lite" (this is what comes as default with RadioBOSS), "Standard" and "Pro" versions.
But, new playlist generators will require an improved Music Library tool, which will allow to enter additional information like "language", "rotation level", ratings, etc. We work on it now.

I think the beta versions of this will be ready in January 2010.

About popularity monitoring, sounds interesting, and there was a similar request some time ago. I don't know exactly, but maybe we'll develop a separate tool to collect and display some kind of statistics.

Hi,

Any update on the delivery of this advanced playlist generation ? I really look forward having a rotation level  and rating features.

Thanks'
Christian

Hello! Yes, we're now doing internal testing of a new generator. Public beta will be available soon (in 1-2 weeks).

Back