(N.) Those of you using "external software to generate advanced ADS"

NICKY G DJ

Do any of you use external software to generate time playlists for ADS advertising spots?

External software that make you automatically manage customers, the number of daily passes from hours to hours, and the inclusion in rotation in the various advertising blocks ??

RadioBOSS is part of these things but the blocks must always be compiled manually and it is not the maximum happiness.

How do you do?

NICKY G DJ said:
RadioBOSS is part of these things but the blocks must always be compiled manually and it is not the maximum happiness.
Ads Scheduler creates advert blocks for you. When you add an advert, you set when it's going to run. And when all ads are added, all blocks, and events to run them, are created automatically. Ads Scheduler also takes care of start/end dates and times, you can temporary disable adverts and it also checks advert types and warns when there are multiple ads of the same type following each other.

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:
Ads Scheduler creates advert blocks for you. When you add an advert, you set when it's going to run. And when all ads are added, all blocks, and events to run them, are created automatically. Ads Scheduler also takes care of start/end dates and times, you can temporary disable adverts and it also checks advert types and warns when there are multiple ads of the same type following each other.

See this software how to manage the commercials ...

For each customer (mp3 spot file), just enter in which time slot must pass the sample spot (08:15 / 16:45) and how many times must be present in this time frame the spot (example 14 times). then just click generate time, and the software automatically generates 14 times to enter the spot.
Taking into account not to include customers belonging to the same category, and rotating not only the spots within the block but also rotating the time slots, example the block that today passed at 12:15, tomorrow passes at 12:30 and so on ...

All this by setting a few parameters and making a few clicks on the generation buttons.

With RB you have to put the check manually, or go to check if there are equal categories in the block and see where to move them ...

I believe that all these operations must be done by the computer not the DJ ..
Let's improve the thing ???

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 291
NICKY G DJ said:
rotating not only the spots within the block but also rotating the time slots, example the block that today passed at 12:15, tomorrow passes at 12:30 and so on
This depends on what the agreement with the customer allows. For instance, some customers pay to get their ads aired at 12:15 exactly and moving them to a different time slot may not be permitted.

However, automatically dealing with two ads of the same type is a good idea (e.g. putting some other ad in between) - noted for the future versions, thank you.

it is possible to insert a schedule set by us example 12:15, which will create a series of automatically random schedules.
All 100% customizable

get some ideas from this software for the next versions

https://www.mbradio.it/en/download-en/demo-version/download?path=MBStudioDemo.exe

Attachments

• spot.jpg
    spot.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 287
Noted for the future versions. Although the software you mentioned uses a totally different approach and style so I don't think we can take many ideas out of it...

djsoft said:
Noted for the future versions. Although the software you mentioned uses a totally different approach and style so I don't think we can take many ideas out of it...

and then change approach and style :) you will not regret trust.

NICKY G DJ said:
and then change approach and style  you will not regret trust.
RadioBOSS is a different software, and we'll keep our way - this is best for everyone that every software is different and there is a choice.

I would advise you to implement a lot of the functions to create the automatic blocks of the spots, the rotation of the spots, the number of daily passes, the decision in which time slots insert the steps, the management of the customer etc. no other software does it (except for what I told you). you would be the first to implement this useful function and rboss could become the best and mandatory choice compared to other software. I would think about it if I were you.

NICKY G DJ said:
no other software does it
This is because it's rarely needed I suppose :) We have plans on improving the ads scheduler, may be even creating a new "Ads Scheduler Pro" at some point in the future. Some of the features you have proposed earlier are added to the planned feature list.

Back