SideChain Compression Question?

Ron

I am wondering has anyone, Got good settings for sidechain compressor? I would like to use it to make my voice over power the music better or should i say my input. I have see other videos on this but, I look at RadioBoss and see that the compressor is a little different. I also talk into the mic and I get cut off a lot I would to sound natural above the music any settings to help this at all would be nice Sidechaining to EQ to Compressor I just would like that NPR style on my radio.

Cutting me off when I talk and stuff, What are the best settings for my mic. Well for EQ and Sidechain Yes sidechain cutting me off the Idea is to use built in EQ, Comp and Sidechain.

Over-Da-Edge-Radio said:
Cutting me off when I talk and stuff
In this case I suggest to lower the Threshold setting for sidechain compressor so that it won't turn the mic off on low sound levels.

I bought a COMPOSER PRO-XL MDX2600 Reference-Class 2-Channel Expander/Gate/Compressor/Peak Limiter with Integrated De-Esser, Dynamic Enhancer and Tube Simulation for my radio. This should cut back on the vst effect and all that next is stereo/ effects.

Back