RadioBoss Cloud GeoBlocking

Conway

Will RadioBoss Cloud ever be available to geoblock/geofence the broadcast signal as to keep it out of various countries so as not to have to pay all of the PRO's in the world?

Conway said:
Will RadioBoss Cloud ever be available to geoblock/geofence the broadcast signal as to keep it out of various countries so as not to have to pay all of the PRO's in the world?
Currently this is not planned. I am not a lawyer, but I think you can write on your web site that your service is only for listeners from certain countries.

djsoft said:
Conway said:
Currently this is not planned. I am not a lawyer, but I think you can write on your web site that your service is only for listeners from certain countries.
Sadly, if you broadcast from here you owe it from here.. no matter where the signal lands, thats why geofencing is becoming so popular.

Conway said:
Sadly, if you broadcast from here you owe it from here.. no matter where the signal lands, thats why geofencing is becoming so popular.
Is it about limiting your audience so that you have less royalties to pay, or it's to prevent other countries' music licensing organizations from billing you?

Back