Mixtrack pro 3 and windows 10... Can't get it to work no matter what.

gamora77

Sup fam, sorry if this is against the rules but I'm at my wits end here. I have a mixtrack pro 3 and I've been googling my ass off the last two days to no avail. I've tried disabling it as a sound device in windows 10, looking for a driver that doesn't exist because it's plug n play, fiddling in device manager, and literally every other idea i've come across in an effort to get this to work.

So my question to you guys is how the fuck do I get this thing to cooperate with windows 10? Windows and Serato detects the controller as a MTP3 but never gets past the stage of "connecting controller... this may take up to a minute". I assume it's because of some windows 10 fuckery where it's trying to assign it as an audio device and it somehow messes with Serato but no amount of my fiddling has come any closer. I've tried this on multiple win10 systems, Serato and Mixxx, and different usb ports and cables, and I'm getting the same result consistently. This makes me think it might be the controller but to be honest I don't know how that would be possible, it worked perfectly the last time I used it which happened to be on a win7 machine.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be indebted to you forever. I'm an audio engineer by trade and if you help me get this working I'd love to mix something for you as a show of gratitude.

OKAY SO In order for it to work properly there is a specific order you have to do it in for windows 10 not to completely shit the bed.

gamora77 said:
Sup fam, sorry if this is against the rules but I'm at my wits end here. I have a mixtrack pro 3 and I've been googling my ass off the last two days to no avail. I've tried disabling it as a sound device in windows 10, looking for a driver that doesn't exist because it's plug n play, fiddling in device manager, and literally every other idea i've come across in an effort to get this to work.

So my question to you guys is how the fuck do I get this thing to cooperate with windows 10? Windows and Serato detects the controller as a MTP3 but never gets past the stage of "connecting controller... this may take up to a minute". I assume it's because of some windows 10 fuckery where it's trying to assign it as an audio device and it somehow messes with Serato but no amount of my fiddling has come any closer. I've tried this on multiple win10 systems, Serato and Mixxx, and different usb ports and cables, and I'm getting the same result consistently. This makes me think it might be the controller but to be honest I don't know how that would be possible, it worked perfectly the last time I used it which happened to be on a win7 machine.

If anyone has any ideas I'd be indebted to you forever. I'm an audio engineer by trade and if you help me get this working I'd love to mix something for you as a show of gratitude.

OKAY SO In order for it to work properly there is a specific order you have to do it in for windows 10 not to completely shit the bed.
Facing the same on my windows 10 pro machine running on 1903. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Regards,
Shane.

Anybody call Numark tech support?  May need some special driver from them to make it work. Personally, I won't leave Win 7 on my RB machine, and Linuxmint is on my laptop. Just say NO to Win10. Good luck!

Back