[BUG] /newest picks up state file

phs

When running an event in the scheduler to select the newest playlist from a directory (/newest), it appears RB looks for any type of file in that directory. In our case, it picked up the corresponding .state file for the playlist it should have chosen, then error'ed because it couldn't process that file as a playlist.

I'm assuming this is a bug?

Yes, currently running 5.8.4.0

I set up a new show for a presenter; created a directory for his playlists and told the scheduler to select the newest file from that directory. RB error'ed out as per below - I made the assumption that it picked up the .state file since that was the only other file in the directory at the time, but according to the log it did actually pick up the playlist, but still complained it was an "unsupported file format" - loading it manually worked fine though.

Code:
17:10:08;;"Command: getfile ""L:\0. Presenters\Frankie\Drive Playlists"" /newest";
17:10:08;;50419DRV;"getfile ""L:\0. Presenters\Frankie\Drive Playlists"" /newest.command";"<TRACK LISTENERS=""0"" IDENT="""" ARTIST="""" TITLE="""" ALBUM="""" YEAR="""" GENRE="""" COMMENT="""" FILENAME=""L:\0. Presenters\Frankie\Drive Playlists\50419DRV.m3u8"" DURATION=""??:??""  PLAYCOUNT=""1"" LASTPLAYED=""2019-04-05 17:10:08"" INTRO=""0.00"" OUTRO=""0.00"" LANGUAGE="""" F1="""" F2="""" F3="""" F4="""" F5="""" />"
17:10:08;error;"Unable to play! Error code 41 (unsupported file format).";????????????

Any ideas?

I'm not sure why it happens, I've added it to the list for the upcoming 5.8.5 update, if it's a bug, it will be fixed there.

Following on from this topic: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6098.0.html

See attached screenshot - the scheduler is actually picking up the correct file (11419BFST.m3u8), however it believes the file is invalid. Opening the playlist manually, or using "Insert Tracks From Playlist" works fine though.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• FVS_fail.png
    FVS_fail.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 258
I can't provide any information about this now, it's on the list for the next update and w'e'll work on it soon.

Back