Artists Repeats

kahfluie

Using version 5.8.4.0

I am struggling with the no repeats feature of the software. The attached screenshot has the no repeats we set for the music category.

It seems that every hour, there is an artist listed 2 or 3 times - sometimes back-to-back.

Am I missing a setting somewhere? We prefer to not have the artist repeat within the same hour. Does it use the metadata or the file name to make its determination?

We have plenty of variety in our library that can be spread pretty well throughout the day.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 5ff7b26ac1972a62d8ea4f04447b1993.png
    5ff7b26ac1972a62d8ea4f04447b1993.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 376
It uses file tags (if they present) to get the artist name, if there are no tags, it will use the file name - in this case it will try to extract artist/title from the file name. It's recommended to use tags as it's more reliable.

I checked all my tags and they are fine. So is there anything else I should look at to ensure that the repeat rules are followed?

Louis said:
I checked all my tags and they are fine. So is there anything else I should look at to ensure that the repeat rules are followed?
In this case, there should be no repeats. Please check your other categories, did you enable the "Ignore repeat protection rules" option there?

All music categories DO NOT have "ignore..." checked We will continue to work with this to see if we can figure out. It seems to happen randomly. Some days I get multiples and other days it runs perfectly.

Do you have enough music in your library so it can play thru your specified times without repeating? If there are not enough songs to draw from of course it will repeat to fill the schedule.  :)

yes, we have hundreds of artists and thousands of music files etc.

Actually might have been a momentary hiccup. Looking at history looks like it has stuck to the no repeat rules we have in place now.

Will continue monitoring

Louis said:
It seems to happen randomly. Some days I get multiples and other days it runs perfectly.
If all tracks are tagged properly, and repeat rules are in place, there will be no repeats. Please check the playlist generator log to see if there are any error messages.

DjDominic said:
I have this same problem. Sometimes I get three tracks in a row from the same artist. It's totally random.
Do you use playlist generator? If so, please make sure the repeat protection rules are set correctly (global rules and per-category rules).

Still having the problem of repeated artists. As you can see the global rules are set for 60 minutes and there in the playlist is two songs from the same artist.

50419b46-3a03-43ed-9c31-3a8631acc734-original.jpg

DjDominic said:
Still having the problem of repeated artists. As you can see the global rules are set for 60 minutes and there in the playlist is two songs from the same artist.
Please make sure that you don't have any other category (with no repeat protection) that can also insert this track. We were unable to reproduce it here, Playlist Generator never inserts tracks that do not satisfy the rules.

Both of those B.B. King songs were pulled by Playlist Gen. from the same Blues file. At first I thought well maybe it pulled it from two separate genre folders but those two songs are in the same Blues folder.

I'm not sure how this is possible (we've really thoroughly tested the playlist generator and it never took repeat tracks), please check that this file does not exist in other categories.

Still having issues with repeat artists. Rules are set for 60 minutes. The last two days I have had back to back artists. The songs are being pulled from the same folder by Playlist generator. I tried to post a pics but for some reason the post as super huge pictures.

Please send us the preset file to check, you can find it in the settings folder in Presets\PlGenPro, the settings folder can be opened from the menu in RadioBOSS: Settings->Open Settings folder.

Back