get playlist in order

Unless you have enabled the "Shuffle playlist before inserting" option, it will be inserted in order, not random.

I may not have explained correctly

I have multiple playlists in a folder. The getrandomplaylist command is what is going on now. I would prefer for the playlist to go in numerical order such as:

Monday playlist1
Tuesday playlist 3
And so on

Is that a better explanation?

The getrandomplaylist only takes playlists in random order. You can use the file name macro to get playlists based on day of week: ?wd. Please see the "substitution macro" section in the help file: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

Something like this.
I hope it helps

Attachments

• Playlists.jpg
    Playlists.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 366
I have a similar question, and I see how the solutions offered would work given a limited number of playlists, but what if I have more than one months worth of playlists?

Ex: I have 37 playlists in a folder to program and only 5 a week are played. Is there a way to rotate these in order/series?

Btw, I am using version 5.8.4.0, so perhaps there is a new feature? I will be updating ASAP

Currently this is not really possible in automatic way, you'll need to schedule those playlists manually. I'm sorry.

Not sure if this helps, but I figured out a work around for my situation that plays our 37 play lists in series. To answer the OP, this does not get the playlists in order, it creates them in order.

In playlist generator, I set my desired category to select tracks in order, and advance on each generation. Other categories are set to random.

I then have the following event on the days I want the playlist:

run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe ?-preset=program? ?-out=D:\Folder\subfolder\etc\daily.?dd.?mm.?yyyy.m3u8?

Followed by the event to run at desired times:

Play track/playlist D:\Folder\subfolder\etc\daily.?dd.?mm.?yyyy.m3u8

The wizard didn?t allow me to do this, but I was able to go back and edit in. It has been working like this now for two weeks. As long as my source folders are in proper order, this should continue ad infinitum with no issue. Yes, it keeps making playlists, but those files are 2k, so I?m looking at a max of 5MB after a year if I don?t touch anything.

There may have been a simpler solution, but I don?t have to program events regularly anymore, so it?s a success in my book!  ;D

Back