Issue with RB 5.8.5.0???

mbabb

Yesterday I did a clean install of RB 5.8.4.0 and everything appeared to be working fine.  Today, I see that a new version was available (RB 5.8.5.0) and so I updated my version of RB and that's when problems started to occur.  RB now opens, but I don't see any of the user interface.  All I see is RadioBOSS Standard (5.8.5.0) in top left hand corner and I also see the File/Edit/View/Playlist...bar and the rest is whited out.  RB interface also keeps blinking on and off every 5 secs or so like its trying to load.

I've tried re-installing 5.8.5.0 but no change.  Help?

mike

This is a new desktop computer.  Windows 10 Home 64-bit \ 8gig ram \ i3 processor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.40.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 8.40.30 AM.png
    44.6 KB · Views: 315
Please try installing the previous version: http://dl2.djsoft.net/radioboss_setup_5.8.4.0.exe

Looking at RB's Log, I see the following after I installed ver. 5.8.5.0 when RB started up:

error;"Access violation at address 00DE5738 in module 'radioboss.exe'. Read of address 00000008.";
error;"Program will be restarted because of fatal error.";

Just tried an experiment.  After re-installing RB 5.8.4.0 all appeared good.  So I then tried upgrading again to RB 5.8.5.0 and I was back to having issues.  Same error in the log.  So....I re-installed RB 5.8.4.0 and now all is good again.  I didn't change any other computer settings.

So I guess I will stay with version 5.8.4.0 till further notice.

Hope this helps.

mike

Please click Help->Contact Support->Send bug reports, we'll take a look at what could be wrong there.

Thank you. An update was issued that should fix this problem, please click Help->Check for updates to install it.

Hey guys,
i have got the same problem, but with the actual version!

I sent you my reports via the program dialog and looked up the problem directly in the report:
09:18:20;error;"Access violation at address 76DD28CF in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 40579070.";

The last address is changing everytime i am trying to restart.

I did clean installs of the 5.8.4.0 and the actual 5.8.5.2.

Attachments

• problem.JPG
    problem.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 302
Can you please send bug report when this happens? We'll try to find out what's wrong.

Back