RadioBOSS Cloud Feature Suggestions

RadioKube

Hi,

I'm running a number of stations on RadioBOSS Cloud now, but would like to see some additional features...

Integrated DSP: equalizer, compression
Individual Cue Points for Tracks (Including Intro's and Outro's to allow sweeping)
Voice Tracking

RadioKube said:
Integrated DSP: equalizer, compression
We currently work on this and both EQ and Compressor should be added in the next update, within couple of days.

RadioKube said:
Individual Cue Points for Tracks (Including Intro's and Outro's to allow sweeping)
Voice Tracking
Those features will be in the future, but they are not immediately planned, so currently I can't say when.

Hello, I see that we have equalization available to us in the Audio settings, but no compression? Will this be coming still?

Taylor said:
Hello, I see that we have equalization available to us in the Audio settings, but no compression? Will this be coming still?
Yes, compressor will be added in one of the upcoming updates.

Hello, I?m currently testing the system and so far it?s a great automation tool, but as requested by others, a good audio compressor is missing.

Also, we use [removed] in our radio station right now and by adding one option to Liquidsoap conf we can connect to the stream on top of the streaming music. I?m attaching a file with the code to better clarify this since I'm getting an error about not being allowed to post external links (just a code)

I can add as many I want, just have to change the port, mount point and password. A can also control the volume of the main audio, in this case, is set at 10% when the user connects to this mount point.

Can we expect to have this option with RadioBoss? That is a deal-breaker for us.

Thank you.

Attachments

• talkoverstream.rtf
    498 bytes · Views: 376
Rick Macari said:
so far it?s a great automation tool, but as requested by others, a good audio compressor is missing.
Thank you. A compressor will be added soon, it's currently under development.

Rick Macari said:
we can connect to the stream on top of the streaming music
Currently when you connect live it mutes local playlist, so that only live stream is heard. We can add volumen control for this so you can attenuate music but I'm not sure of the purpose for this feature.

Currently when you connect live it mutes local playlist, so that only live stream is heard. We can add volumen control for this so you can attenuate music but I'm not sure of the purpose for this feature.

To speak on top of the current stream, as a normal radio does, you can?t do this right now in your cloud system. Liquidsoap has this option and we use regularly.

Also, we need more functions to have better control of the system, I would suggest:

- Editable, movable, sizable "widgets": To allow customization of the control screen (Overview), today is very hard to get what you really need on that screen.

- Editable, movable, sizable, pinnable Clock: (Overview) Today the clock is really small and it disappears if you roll the page.

- Track Search: Through the system and the possibility to add to the current playlist in just one click.

- Track editor: Not a tag editor, a track editor, so you can cut and trim the track directly on the system with ability to fade in and fade out.

- Improved Logs: With search and more stored information, at least a month.

- Backup/Restore: This is definitely the urgent one, we need the ability to backup the system, entire system or individually backup the playlists, tracks, and file structure.

- Track Duration and ETA: Today you can only visually estimate the estimated time of the track, having the real numbers bellow the track title would give better information about the track. (We use this to speak over the track). Ex. Total Time: 4:23 Time to End: 1:10.

I really would appreciate it if you can add these improvements to your system.

Best.

Rick Macari said:
To speak on top of the current stream, as a normal radio does, you can?t do this right now in your cloud system. Liquidsoap has this option and we use regularly.
Currently the RadioBOSS Cloud's stream is muted when you connect live. In the future we'll consider adding an option to control this volume, so you'll be able to speak over the music.

Rick Macari said:
- Editable, movable, sizable "widgets": To allow customization of the control screen (Overview), today is very hard to get what you really need on that screen.
Can you please specify what information is missing or poorly accessible? We currently don't plan on making it fully customizable, but we can make some changes to it.

Rick Macari said:
- Editable, movable, sizable, pinnable Clock: (Overview) Today the clock is really small and it disappears if you roll the page.
The clock is always visible in the top right corner. Or do you mean some other clock?

Rick Macari said:
- Track Search: Through the system and the possibility to add to the current playlist in just one click.

- Track editor: Not a tag editor, a track editor, so you can cut and trim the track directly on the system with ability to fade in and fade out.
We plan on adding those features in the upcoming updates.

Rick Macari said:
- Improved Logs: With search and more stored information, at least a month.
Can you please specify the purpose? Currently the Logs section show roughly the last two days (this is typically enough to see what was wrong in case you need to diagnose something), and you can use the Reports section to build played tracks report.

Rick Macari said:
- Backup/Restore: This is definitely the urgent one, we need the ability to backup the system, entire system or individually backup the playlists, tracks, and file structure.
Our servers are automatically backed up daily to a different datacenter. We can add an option to backup events, playlists, but for music, this is a lot of data and bandwidth - not really an option. You can keep a copy of music on your own PC.

Rick Macari said:
- Track Duration and ETA: Today you can only visually estimate the estimated time of the track, having the real numbers bellow the track title would give better information about the track. (We use this to speak over the track). Ex. Total Time: 4:23 Time to End: 1:10.
Please note that RadioBOSS Cloud is mainly designed as automated and unattended cloud streaming solution. If you want to stream live with talk overs, I'd consider using live streaming feature: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/ and use any streaming software from your PC, e.g. RadioBOSS.

We plan on adding those features in the upcoming updates.
Sorry, it took so long to answer your questions, I didn´t receive any notification from the forum and only today saw this. So sorry.
Can you please specify the purpose? Currently the Logs section show roughly the last two days (this is typically enough to see what was wrong in case you need to diagnose something), and you can use the Reports section to build played tracks report.
So you can diagnose better anything wrong the station, that would help, also a search field.
Our servers are automatically backed up daily to a different datacenter. We can add an option to backup events, playlists, but for music, this is a lot of data and bandwidth - not really an option. You can keep a copy of music on your own PC.
But I have a lot o programming on the station, like schedules and all the settings.

Please note that RadioBOSS Cloud is mainly designed as automated and unattended cloud streaming solution. If you want to stream live with talk overs, I'd consider using live streaming feature: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/ and use any streaming software from your PC, e.g. RadioBOSS.
You have a complete solution here why use a local PC? Just a mic over the stream, kind of that option overlay playback would do it. I don´t want to use a local pc, doing so I would have to keep a dedicated PC to that and also would have latency issues streaming from a home internet connection.

Also improving the search as I said before, making it global and allowing to insert the chosen track to the stream without having to go to the Overview section would be great right now.

Thank you and keep up the good work. :)

So you can diagnose better anything wrong the station, that would help, also a search field.
The number of items in the log window was extended, it displays more items now.

But I have a lot o programming on the station, like schedules and all the settings.
We can add an option to download events and playlists. But this will require also another option to upload them back. We'll consider it for the future.

You have a complete solution here why use a local PC? Just a mic over the stream, kind of that option overlay playback would do it. I don´t want to use a local pc, doing so I would have to keep a dedicated PC to that and also would have latency issues streaming from a home internet connection.
Actually using MIC with web UI will lead to many synchronization problems. When you stream live from your PC all comes in sync. This can be combined e.g. you can have automated stream from the cloud and connect live using your PC when you want to run a live show. In this case anyway you use a PC and running the show from browser or using a software - doesn't really matter. But software provides more features.

Also improving the search as I said before, making it global and allowing to insert the chosen track to the stream without having to go to the Overview section would be great right now.
Yes, this is planned for the future updates. We've spent a lot of time in the past 6 months improving reliability, soon new features will be added as well.

Hello, I?m currently testing the system and so far it?s a great automation tool, but as requested by others, a good audio compressor is missing.

Also, we use [removed] in our radio station right now and by adding one option to Liquidsoap conf we can connect to the stream on top of the streaming music. I?m attaching a file with the code to better clarify this since I'm getting an error about not being allowed to post external cps test links (just a code)

I can add as many I want, just have to change the omegle port, mount point and password. A can also control the volume of the main audio, in this case, is set at 10% when the user connects to this mount point.

Can we expect to have this option with RadioBoss? That is a deal-breaker for us.

Thank you.
Hello, I am also testing the same.
Hope we get the best result. LOL from Itly.

Hi! The repeat protection is not functioning properly. Could hear the same song playing closely
Please ensure that the songs are tagged properly and also that you don't have the same song in different folders (in this case, track repeat protection sees it as different tracks). Artist repeat protection works based on the information in the tags and if it's empty, it parses the file name.

I’m having only 1 folder since the repeat protection is not functioning properly. All the songs that I’m playing currently are in 1 folder and No duplicate tracks in the same folder. Every song have been tagged as well.
Ex: The folder Name Songs

The playlist is added as below
Jingle
Songs
Songs
Jingle
Songs

Thank you

RadioBOSS is also a simple solution for creating background music for various venues: clubs, bars, restaurants, gyms, and health clubs. Create the right background music quickly and RadioBOSS will run unattended for months at a time.

Back