dsd and sacd files

buck85

First, Thanks for your magnificient program, RadioBoss.
I've been testing broadcasting demo for about one week with VST (Ozone) and I as well as my listeners are satisfied and fascinated with functions and sound quality.
One problem caused is not to support, SACD and/or DSD files which I play frequently when broadcast with Foobar2000. So I hesitate to buy and change to RadioBoss now.

If I do not know or misunderstand on DSD/SACD file issue, please let me know how to get any of plugins to play them. Otherwise, if not, let me informed when you are planning to support those excellent sound formats. 

Thanks in advance.

You can add support for DSD format using the plugin (attached to this post).

Please do the following:
- right-click RadioBOSS shortcut, and select "Open file location"
- open the Plugins folder and copy the "bassdsd.dll" file there
- restart RadioBOSS

Attachments

• bassdsd.dll
    8.3 KB · Views: 329
Thanks for your kind reply and attached plugin.
I copied this plugin as instructed, however can't play SACD files, ".dsf" and ".iso", which are well played with Foobar 2000. I dragged the files to RadioBoss playlist window as flac or mp3 files and found nothing shown.
Let me know how to. I am eager to stream with RadioBoss.

I don't think there's a solution fro this, only convert those files to a format that RadioBOSS understands - e.g. FLAC to prevent any quality loss.

It's very sorry...  it's almost impossible to convert thousands of SACD or files to flac something one by one.... in the future, SACD or TR24 files will be increased tremendously since most of newly-issued or remastered albums are in those of sound formats.

I will cross fingers for you to develop those plugins, like foo_input_SACD and/or foo_input_dsdiff from Foobar 2000. Anyway, I will hold to purchase RadioBoss for the time being. Thanks for your reply.

It looks like there's a bug actually and DSD plugin is not loaded correctly. RadioBOSS 5.9 will have support for .dsd and .dff files.

Back