Scheduler - Send task name to web

bfmradio

Here is a strange thing

When a task name is going to web, something adds "-"

Example:

Instead of "HIT PARADE" it shows "-HIT PARADE"

and another thing:

If the file type is excluded from sending titles to server, then it will not work even if you indicate in the scheduler to DO SEND IT to server...   
Would that be possible for that option to override the other one?

Just curious :)

bfmradio said:
When a task name is going to web, something adds "-"

Example:

Instead of "HIT PARADE" it shows "-HIT PARADE"
Does it happen all the time or only occasionally?

bfmradio said:
If the file type is excluded from sending titles to server, then it will not work even if you indicate in the scheduler to DO SEND IT to server...     
Would that be possible for that option to override the other one?
File type options have priority in this case. If track titles are sent for the event, then the title on the server will be event's name anyway.

The error does not reproduce. It's possible that the hyphen is added by the player you use: typically, players try to display information in ARTIST - TITLE form, and when they don't have artist information, they show empty artist, then hyphen, then title, that's why you see it. Please check the track title on the server page - it will show you the title that is sent by RadioBOSS.

You misunderstood me probably; and what player are you referring to? I am talking about Radioboss and the task manager.

in Tasks there is an option to send task name to server (meaning html output to website) instead of track's name. 

If I name a task ABCNEWS why does it come out  as  "-ABCNEWS"  with a hyphen?

I do not have any hyphens anywhere in the fields, nor does each individual track.

When the same file ABCNEWS is plaid aside from scheduler, it shows name correctly  ABCNEWS.

That is quite strange.

bfmradio said:
You misunderstood me probably; and what player are you referring to?
The player that you use to play the stream and see this title.

Please open streaming server page and see if a hyphen presents there. We were not able to reproduce it here yet, the title always appears exactly as specified in the task name.

djsoft said:
Please open streaming server page and see if a hyphen presents there. We were not able to reproduce it here yet, the title always appears exactly as specified in the task name.

As I said before, we do not use encoders to send titles. It is disabled.
Titles are sent to website and apple app through REPORTS

Please see it here:  https://youtu.be/LjvFVb1jQ9I

Attachments

• Encoder.png
    Encoder.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 270
bfmradio said:
Titles are sent to website and apple app through REPORTS
If you use a HTTP request, then you should use the %casttitle variable to get the formatted title.

djsoft said:
If you use a HTTP request, then you should use the %casttitle variable to get the formatted title.

Dmitry,
Whatever you had there written, is still there, I only changed the address to my website.

Have you seen the video?

I would like to find the reason why and how those hyphens get in the name of EVENTS but other titles are displayed jurist fine.

Thank you.

bfmradio said:
I would like to find the reason why and how those hyphens get in the name of EVENTS but other titles are displayed jurist fine.
I think the problem here is somewhere on the web site. RadioBOSS sends task title to the server as it is, no hyphens added. Please open your streaming server page and check what title is displayed there.

djsoft said:
I think the problem here is somewhere on the web site. RadioBOSS sends task title to the server as it is, no hyphens added. Please open your streaming server page and check what title is displayed there.

Dmitry,

With all due respect, I think you are not understanding what I am trying to explain to you.  and I am starting to pull my hair one by one now...  I will try again:

I DO NOT SEND ANYTHING TO SERVER THROUGH ENCODER.
I HAVE A STATIC TITLE SET ON SERVER:

??? ????: +1(888)236-0087 ? +7(499)404-2003 (Viber, WhatsApp & Tel) ? Skype: radio.bfm ? www.bfmradio.us

I SEND TITELES THROUGH REPORTS!

I am talking about this line  http://yoursite/httpreq.php?artist=%artist&title=%title

It has nothing to do with streaming titles to server.  It goes directly to the script httpreq.php
and then displayed on the website.

The names of songs show up correctly - it means that all is done properly BUT

The problem with ADDED HYPHEN starts only when SEND TASK NAME TO SERVER in scheduler is enabled.    please see the image.

Obviously, when this option is enabled, it ads an extra character to the name. WHY, I do not know.  I am asking you to figure it out.

Thank you.

Attachments

• server name -.png
    server name -.png
    20.7 KB · Views: 272
RadioBOSS does not add any hyphens, that is for sure, this includes HTTP requests, too.
When you use a HTTP request, and scheduled event plays with "Use task name as track title" option, you will receive the following data:
%artist - empty
%title - event name, as it it, no hyphens or anything added.

I suppose the hyphen is added by your script that displays the title.

Oh, that explains it.

in SAM when you do not fill in ARTIST and only title is entered, the program enters - instead of ARTIST.

Perhaps this is what happens.  I think I saw ones when a song played with no tags filled in, the name came from its file and there was a hyphen before the name.

Anyway, since you are positive that radioboss does not add any hyphens, the name I enter in task, does not have a hyphen, the script I checked, no hyphen either...    then it comes from universe...

I can live with it...    It is a minor weirdness that does not irritate me, but makes me just wonder WHY.

Radioboss is your child - if you fill like investigating this issue sometime in the future and find interesting results, please let me know.  Perhaps HYPHEN (like a bullet point) must be there by design: just to tell you that this is a Task name.    I simple thought in my head that titles should be uniformed - but again, it may just be my subjective opinion.

Pardon me, for bringing it up to your attention.

bfmradio said:
It is a minor weirdness that does not irritate me, but makes me just wonder WHY.
You should check how the title is displayed on your web site. This is definitely something that your web site does. Not RadioBOSS.

Here's PHP's print_r output for the $_GET variable, this is what RadioBOSS sends to a script:
.../test.php?artist=%artist&title=%title&casttitle=%casttitle

For a regular track:
Code:
Array
(
    [artist] => Mike Jones
    [title] => Back Then
    [casttitle] => Mike Jones - Back Then
)

For a track that was started from an event with "Send task title" option, the event is named "The Event Title":
Code:
Array
(
    [artist] => 
    [title] => The Event Title
    [casttitle] => The Event Title
)

No hyphen present. But as you see, in case of event title, the artist is empty.

I suppose the problem in your case is that your script uses a code like
Code:
echo "{$_GET['artist']} - {$_GET['title']}";

When the artist is empty, you can guess what happens.

Logical. 

But that's not my site, but  your script :)

I can live with that !

but, I will ask anyway, any way to adjust it ?

thx

bfmradio said:
But that's not my site, but  your script
If you use an example script that's posted here https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3176.0.html then you can adjust it to prevent hyphen from being displayed.

are you implying removing hyphen from here " - " ? 
If so, then  Artist will be displayed  Singer Song instead of Singer - Song

I don't think there is a work around here... :(  unless you add an extra field in the scheduler that would constitute NAME value :) 

BFMradio, I don't pull metadata to for website content (thinking about it tho) but the meta data filters through the streaming servers to app/online players. I have not come across what you are experiencing it would seem either the music tags needs to be looked at or how your website is parsing the data perhaps?

bfmradio said:
are you implying removing hyphen from here " - " ? 
If so, then  Artist will be displayed  Singer Song instead of Singer - Song

I don't think there is a work around here...  unless you add an extra field in the scheduler that would constitute NAME value   
There's no need to make any changes to the scheduler, as in your case the title is formatted on the web site.
A simple check in the PHP script fixes it (based on the start post script) - here it simply checks if the artist is empty, it only saves the track title.
Code:
<?php
	//get artist/title info
	$artist = $_GET['artist'];
	$title = $_GET['title'];

//create a temp file to store values for AJAX script
	$t = $artist != '' ? "$artist - $title" : $title;
	$r = fopen("temp_title.txt", "w");
	fwrite($r, $t);
	fclose($r);
?>

Back