How to install a mysql database ?

JeanXeb

Hello,
I just connected to my mysql server.
The test is valid.
How does this happen after to create the database ?
Would you have an installation procedure guide ?
Cordialy
Jean Seb

When radioboss starts I have the message "not database connection!"
Log radioboss : [2019-08-28 12:17:30] Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes (1071)

In the option tab, however, the connection test works !

When I open "Music library" I have the same message :
Database error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 767 bytes (1071)  ???

It appears that your database version is old and is not supported by RadioBOSS. It requires MySQL 5.7 or MariaDB 10.2 or newer.

The server was upgraded to MySQL 5.7.26.
Il fait bien l'installation d'une base de donn?e. (See capture)
But I still have an error message:
[2019-10-22 16:37:42] The key is too long. Maximum length: 1000 (1071).
Would you have a solution?
Cordialy

Attachments

• Bdd.JPG
    Bdd.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 450
  • track.JPG
    track.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 435
Please try deleting all the tables and database and run RadioBOSS again, it will recreate everything and it should work. The database should use InnoDB as storage engine, not MyISAM.

This is database name (where RadioBOSS will create its tables) and it must be a valid MySQL database name.

Is it possible to connect radioboss to a remote database MySQL ?
Is yes could you give me the methode ?

jean sebastien said:
Is it possible to connect radioboss to a remote database MySQL ?
Is yes could you give me the methode ?
Yes, you need to specify server address, port etc in the configuration window. The remote database must allow remote access.

Thanks a lot for your reply, what are the prerequisites to connect radioboss with a remote virtual private server who has a public IP address ? and which ports must be opened ?

Hi Jean, Sorry to jump on to your post I am just curious in regard to this data logger and what you can achieve by using it and mySQL . I presume from reading your posts you require two parts mySQL and the data logger. Does this put song track info into a database. Can you then do something positive with it . You seem to have gone further to try to connect it to a website  or SQL on a website you might try serving web pages from your own server giving you SQL data to your pages. i.e https://makeawebsitehub.com/host-website-computer/

For now I have a local database MySQL.
Now I would like to make a database on an external database MySQL.
For now HMMMM I'm blocking ...

What are the prerequisites to connect radioboss with a remote virtual private server who has a public IP address ? and which ports must be opened ?

I have seen some control in help file giving localport addresses to trigger remote start https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/index.html?title-format-variables.htm

ttp://IP:Port/?pass=PASSWORD&cmd=COMMAND

(substitute ?COMMAND? and ?PASSWORD? accordingly)

Example 1: Play the next track (command: next)

http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&cmd=next

Example 2: Play the first track in the playlist (command: ?play 1?)

http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&cmd=play%201

This might be a similar port?

If you are trying to just make a back up can you not export data to tab or comma delimited file and transport or back this up you can usual reinstate data from this type of file format.

Yes, we're not talking about the same remote !
Here, it is for control a remote database MySQL ...

What are the prerequisites to connect radioboss with a remote virtual private server who has a public IP address ? and which ports must be opened ?

jean sebastien said:
I'm not sure how it will be connected, can you please provide more information, where RadioBOSS is installed and what should it do?

Radioboss is on an external machine :
Serveur Host-32 - 32G Opteron 4334 SoftRaid 2x2 To
Syst?me (OS)
VPS Proxmox VE 3.4
Windows 7 Pro

But we do not have a sound back to set the music (Intro, pointmix...) ... (VNC)
That's why I wanted to make a database that exports with MySQL the database...

jean sebastien said:
But we do not have a sound back to set the music (Intro, pointmix...) ... (VNC)
That's why I wanted to make a database that exports with MySQL the database...
It will be easier to configure the sound, e.g. use Remote Desktop connection with "Local sound playback" option.

Using MySQL would also be possible, but you will have to use the same paths for music files, including the drive name, on your computer and the server.

Back