Set song to play at specific time interval

pety

I have a lot of title songs like:
  • The morning
  • The morning stars
  • In the eveneng etc.
I would like to set time for those songs.
In track tool there is [Set start/end date]. Is it possible to be [Set start/ end time] too?

And playlist generator to generates playlist paying atention at this settings too.

For this to work, the playlist generator must "know" the start time of the playlist, but it does not have this information.

The idea is to use the same playlist generator template, but at different times of day?

djsoft said:
For this to work, the playlist generator must "know" the start time of the playlist, but it does not have this information.

The idea is to use the same playlist generator template, but at different times of day?
It does know. Our music file type is known by the PGPro as: fast (red colour), medium (blue) and slow (green). So it is easy to add hours in Track Tool.

pety said:
It does know. Our music file type is known by the PGPro as: fast (red colour), medium (blue) and slow (green). So it is easy to add hours in Track Tool.
I mean when playlist is created, it is unknown when it will be played. That is, you can create playlist at 07:00, and play it at 20:00. So checking the hour is not a trivial task, actually.

Dmitry you do not understand the request. I am not a newbie. I know RB very well. I promote it and train people to use it. I think you avoid to understand simple request.

Pety,

I think I understand your request. Let me try and re interpret it a different way. You have songs that mention a particular time of day in the title and what you would like is the ability is to play those songs AT the time of the day it mentions in the title.

For example, if a have song "Lionel Richie - Easy Like Sunday Morning"

you would like to fire the song on Sunday 8th September anytime between 7am and 11:59am.

And the same with any other songs that have the word "morning" in it.

Is this what you mean?

madbeatz said:
Is this what you mean?
This is how I have understood it. And I'm trying to explain that for this to work, the Playlist Generator must know when the playlist will play. E.g. one creates all playlists at night, and checking the allowed playback time at playlist creation time will not make any sense.

A solution that involves existing features would be to use different playlist templates for morning/day/etc and use the comment filter to filter out tracks: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen-cat2.htm

RadioBOSS 5.9 will have "track tags" feature making filtering much easier to use.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.9 will have "track tags" feature making filtering much easier to use.

I think this feature will satisfy the request. Will it have any effect on performance i.e. time to generate the playlist?

Thanks

madbeatz said:
I think this feature will satisfy the request. Will it have any effect on performance i.e. time to generate the playlist?
I don't think there would be any noticeable performance degradation. The most time is spent in reading tag information and tracks duration anyway.

The principle is the same as we have start/end date in track tool.

Set start/end time to track.

When PGPro picks up music for playlists (eg. from Library) it first makes some logic check criteria created by technician/operator:
  • check filters criteria
  • check start/end date (time) set by track tool etc.
I generate all playlists by a batch file. It contains lines like this:

rem Monday
rem HOUR 00:00
E:\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=ORA_00" -out=E:\Playlisturi\ORAR\1L\Sep09-00.m3u8

rem HOUR 01:00
E:\RadioBOSS\PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=ORA_01" -out=E:\Playlisturi\ORAR\1L\Sep09-01.m3u8

RadioBOSS can read -out... (Sep09-01.m3u8) to see for which hour playlist is. If track respects all criteria is retained, otherways it is rejected.
I think it can be done. If not I am...

Attachments

• itIsSoSimple.jpg
    itIsSoSimple.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 309
  • PRESETS.jpg
    PRESETS.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 8_ALL_WEEK - JOB.bat
    18.1 KB · Views: 240
pety said:
RadioBOSS can read -out... (Sep09-01.m3u8) to see for which hour playlist is. If track respects all criteria is retained, otherways it is rejected.
It only works with naming scheme like this, but everyone uses different naming schemes, so guessing hour from playlist name is unreliable.

Why not use different templates for different times of day and filter out unwanted tracks?

djsoft said:
pety said:
It only works with naming scheme like this, but everyone uses different naming schemes, so guessing hour from playlist name is unreliable.

Why not use different templates for different times of day and filter out unwanted tracks?
The most important thing in my request is NOT pick up a specific track to playlist in this time segment.
In FILTERS there are some options "Exclude tracks..". It can be great if will be exclude THIS TRACK (some identifier in comment) at this period of time. Otherwise let it in playlist. It can be done.

There will be more filters in the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.9 (called "Tags") where you would be able to exclude tracks based on what tags they have (or don't have). I suppose this will allow you to do what you want to do :)

djsoft said:
There will be more filters in the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.9 (called "Tags") where you would be able to exclude tracks based on what tags they have (or don't have). I suppose this will allow you to do what you want to do :)
Excluded in a specific time interval?

pety said:
Excluded in a specific time interval?
Not based on time, but you can filter out tracks based on Tags using different templates for different parts of a day.

Back