Broadcast Statistics

bfmradio

Strange:

All day I've been seeing the same number...
All relays were connected and active.  I checked the server, all was good there.

I tried to turn off/on encodeers.  the number dropped to Zero and stayed there.

The only thing left to do was to reboot radioboss  :(    After that, all started to work.

That is quite weird

When this happens, please open statistics window and check if there are any error messages in the table.

I did that

I did not see any errors... all encoders ans relays read ACTIVE in green.
The numbers were not refreshing, that's all - no errors

In the log no errors as well.  :(

All looked just like on this picture.... just straight line throughout all 24 hr frame with one stuck number of listeners.

Attachments

• Statistics.png
    Statistics.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 294
While we were unable to reproduce it, we'll add more checks for such cases in RadioBOSS 5.9, making such a situation less likely.

djsoft said:
While we were unable to reproduce it, we'll add more checks for such cases in RadioBOSS 5.9, making such a situation less likely.

I noted when I restarted radioboss.  I will let you know if/when that happens.

Since we are discussing statistics, I would like to ask:

each relay/encoder has a color dot next to it.  How and where the color is set?  Is it possible to adjust it?

thx

bfmradio said:
each relay/encoder has a color dot next to it.  How and where the color is set?  Is it possible to adjust it?
This is an obsolete feature. In the past, it was possible to see the chart individually for all encoders, but that feature was removed.

i have to agree with BFMradio. Its a nice to have feature to see at a quick glance how each encoders are perfoming. If its easy to re implement back.

madbeatz said:
i have to agree with BFMradio. Its a nice to have feature to see at a quick glance how each encoders are perfoming. If its easy to re implement back.
It was removed years ago and no one noticed back then :) I don't recall the exact reason for removing, though.

djsoft said:

Here we go agan... 24 hrs number 36 is stuck.  I do not understand why this is happening?!

Attachments

• Statistics.png
    Statistics.png
    14.3 KB · Views: 274
We were never able to reproduce it, even after running for several months. You can try using RadioBOSS 5.9, may be it will fix the problem for you.

This problem appears out of nowhere and cannot be replicated.  I have no idea why that happens.

5,9 already out?

RadioBOSS 5.9 is available as beta version: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6309.0.html

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS 5.9 is available as beta version: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6309.0.html

NO.  3 days from start, and this crap happens again.  This is not normal and it really really makes me mad.  Every time I have to restart the app to fix it. I can't figure out what makes it happen. It just get stuck at whatever number and that is it.

I have checked the test installation of RadioBOSS 5.8, that's been running for over 2 months, and statistics still work there. We were never able to reproduce this bug, I think this has something to do with your comuter or software installed on it that prevents stats from being collected.

djsoft said:
I have checked the test installation of RadioBOSS 5.8, that's been running for over 2 months, and statistics still work there. We were never able to reproduce this bug, I think this has something to do with your comuter or software installed on it that prevents stats from being collected.

It does not look like something is preventing it. It looks like it is frozen within program. and the only way to fix is to restart the program.  Is there any file inside radioboss folder that is responsible for statistics? Perhaps something got corrupted there and I can just replace it or something... 

Your replies do not help solve this problem.

When I had a problem with inability to play stream, your replied the same way...  However, I was able to fix it.  The problems was in .ini file.

bfmradio said:
It does not look like something is preventing it. It looks like it is frozen within program. and the only way to fix is to restart the program.   Is there any file inside radioboss folder that is responsible for statistics? Perhaps something got corrupted there and I can just replace it or something... 
There's nothing to be currupted that will prevent stats from being collected. If some error happens while collecting the stats, it will be saved as bug report - you can click Help->Contact Support->Send bug reports, we'll check if there are some stats-related errors.

bfmradio said:
When I had a problem with inability to play stream, your replied the same way...  However, I was able to fix it.  The problems was in .ini file.
If you modified or removed the .ini file and it "did it", that only means RadioBOSS was not properly configured. If network streams were not playable, it's likely that you entered "network stream proxy" that made it impossible to play network streams (proxy is almost never requirewd). Removing the .ini file removed this configuration and streams become playable again.

djsoft said:
it's likely that you entered "network stream proxy"

Where would I enter that? and WHY?  I've never ever used proxy, I do not even know why one needs that.

djsoft said:
you can click Help->Contact Support->Send bug reports, we'll check if there are some stats-related errors.

there is NO bugs reports

bfmradio said:
Where would I enter that? and WHY?   I've never ever used proxy, I do not even know why one needs that.
This is the only reason why changing the .ini file made network streams work.

As for stats problem, I can't offer you any assistance with it at the moment, as we can't confirm there's something wrong with the software, the error can't be reproduced.

I can say that I also have experienced the statistics problem as well.  Mine statistics issue is with my Live 365 encoder and it has stayed stuck at 2 for weeks.  I have halted the program (5.8.3.1), restarted the PC and reselected the choice to get the statistics from the Broadcasting Server.  None have changed the Live 365 Stats.

Attachments

• Broadcast Stats.jpg
    Broadcast Stats.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 251
Back