synchronise adverts between two computers

madbeatz

Hi,

I am trying to synchronise adverts between prod and backup Radioboss. I have copied all advert events and advert playlist over and they appear in the advert scheduler however the spots are not carried over.

Any advice on what else do I need to copy over from prod to backup for the adverts that wont require manual intervention?

Thanks

You need to copy events, playlists and actual audio files. The paths to audio files and playlists must be the same on both computers in order for events to work properly.

Hi,

Yes the audio files are copied and appear in the ads scheduler. I have taken the events and playlist from the working directory folder. Just wondering if the events sits in another folder perhaps?

Thanks

I am still having some problems with this. I updated the events and playlist remotely and can see the files updated (via date and timestamp) on the production computer however when I open the add scheduler tool on the prod machine, it is not updated, therefore when the adsupdate event runs it updates with with old adverts (after I had already made changes.

Is there a way that when I open the ads scheduler on the prod machine that will be updated with the same details as on the remote machine and that when I open the ad schedule from any machine, it will have the latest advert updates?

Just to add, to ensure the adverts dont revert to the old ads, i have disabled the adsupdate on the prod machine as a workaround for the time being.

If you need to export the Ads Scheduler configuration (not the playlists and events it creates), you will need to copy more files:
- the .adscheduler files located in the same folder where your ads audio files are
- the "adscheduler.ini" file from RadioBOSS settings folder (you can open it using Settings->Open settings folder from RadioBOSS top menu).

Back