3 requests

Hello,
Hi, we are a small radio station on a very tiny island in the Carribean, Bonaire. We broadcast on-air (107.5 Mhz), and via the internet. I use radioboss for over a month now and have to say, and I liked it a lot. A lot of useful features, easy to use, and easy to understand. Rock-solid to, never had any crash so far, and the app is running 24/7. And this whole package comes at a very reasonable price. So, big compliments for that!!

However, there is always something to wish left. For now, I have 3 points:

1: most of our musical programming is classical music. This kind of music doesn't need crossfades between tracks; on the contrary, it needs extra silence between the tracks.
The first part is easy to solve, Add in the menu crossfades an extra filetype "classic" and set all fades on 0 seconds. But for the second part, radioboss has no solution. At this moment, I solve the problem by inserting an extra track between the music tracks with 4 seconds of silents. Also, for this filetype, all crossfades are set on 0 sec. Ok, it does the trick, but when you assembled your playlists manually, it's a lot of work.
It would be more convenient when Raqdioboss had an extra possibility in that filetype menu called "add extra silence at the end of the track.", so the silence will always be added for that filetype? That is very useful not only for classical music but also for news bulletins, announcements, program information, etc.
What do you think?

2: With one track in an event, it is only possible to give a start time, but for me, Sometimes it would be convenient to give in an event for playing one track the stop time instead of the start time.
I will explain: We have every whole hour a time announcement. A couple of times, just before that sign, a columnist will tell us, listeners, what he/she thinks about a particular subject. This collum must stop precisely at xx:59:53 hour. The length of these columns is never the same. Do you see the problem? 
I do understand that this is only possible with one track, not with a playlist, because it is complicated to calculate an exact running time for a playlist.

3: Every whole hour, there are a lot of events involved. Beeps, time announcement, station call, station announcements (not always), news bulletin (not always), special program announcement (not always), advertisements (not always). That is a lot of "not always". All the items for these events are in dropbox folders. That's very convenient for us because our office is more than a mile away from our studio, and walking is not my favorite activity in this climate. It works very simply? If Radioboss finds a file in a folder, he will broadcast it. If not, he will skip that particular event. It works flawlessly.
Without all the "not always" events, an hour change takes 14 seconds. With all the "not always" events in, it takes 4 to 7 minutes.  We want everything broadcasting in a particular order, and the advertisements block (if on) has to be always the last item of all events before the music starts again. With the event function, "Enqueue" that's really no problem.  So after the event with 4 short beeps just before the time announcement, every few seconds, a new event will be launched and be queued after his predecessor, waiting for his turn. Works great! The event for queueing the advertisement playlist will start 10 seconds after the start of de time announcement. Oops, 10 seconds..... "Houston, we have a problem", the add scheduler only works with hours and minutes, and that doesn't work for us!
So now I have, for every advertisement change (almost every day), manually add 10 seconds to the event time of every add playlist event, to make it work. I can tell you, it is a dull job and cost a lot of time.
My question: is it possible to change the "block setup" function in the add scheduler in a way that we also can use seconds for scheduling the advertisement blocks? Maybe as a kind of preset. Personally, I don't care when all the add block starts a couple of seconds later.

OK this was it. Sorry for the long story.

Martijn Hisschem?ller said:
Hi, we are a small radio station on a very tiny island in the Carribean, Bonaire. We broadcast on-air (107.5 Mhz), and via the internet. I use radioboss for over a month now and have to say, and I liked it a lot. A lot of useful features, easy to use, and easy to understand. Rock-solid to, never had any crash so far, and the app is running 24/7. And this whole package comes at a very reasonable price. So, big compliments for that!!
Thank you! Can we use this for our reviews page? https://www.djsoft.net/enu/testimonials.htm

It would be more convenient when Raqdioboss had an extra possibility in that filetype menu called "add extra silence at the end of the track.", so the silence will always be added for that filetype? That is very useful not only for classical music but also for news bulletins, announcements, program information, etc.
What do you think?
This is not typical as majority of radio stations tend to get rid of silence. Depending on how you create playlists, it can be possible to insert silence between tracks automatically.

For instance, if you use the Playlist Generator, create a category, called "Silence" and on the Tracks tab enter: pause #5 (change the number to the amount of silence you need, in seconds).

Then you can create a rotation like this:
- Music track
- Silence

This way you will have a silence between tracks. You can read more about playlist generator here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_playlist_generator_pro.htm

2: With one track in an event, it is only possible to give a start time, but for me, Sometimes it would be convenient to give in an event for playing one track the stop time instead of the start time.
I will explain: We have every whole hour a time announcement. A couple of times, just before that sign, a columnist will tell us, listeners, what he/she thinks about a particular subject. This collum must stop precisely at xx:59:53 hour. The length of these columns is never the same. Do you see the problem? 
I do understand that this is only possible with one track, not with a playlist, because it is complicated to calculate an exact running time for a playlist.
This is an interesting feature, we'll consider implementing it in the future. Thank you for the idea and explanation on how it can be used.

My question: is it possible to change the "block setup" function in the add scheduler in a way that we also can use seconds for scheduling the advertisement blocks? Maybe as a kind of preset. Personally, I don't care when all the add block starts a couple of seconds later.
Yes, this will be added as an option in RadioBOSS 5.9.

djsoft said:
Quote from: Martijn Hisschem?ller on October 03, 2019, 07:30:06 PM

Thank you! Can we use this for our reviews page?

Yes sure, no problem

djsoft said:
This is not typical as majority of radio stations tend to get rid of silence. Depending on how you create playlists, it can be possible to insert silence between tracks automatically.

For instance, if you use the Playlist Generator, create a category, called "Silence" and on the Tracks tab enter: pause #5 (change the number to the amount of silence you need, in seconds).

Then you can create a rotation like this:
- Music track
- Silence

I already used this for random generated playlists with classical music but found now a way to do the same with playlists in chronological order. Thanks for the tip

djsoft said:
This is an interesting feature, we'll consider implementing it in the future. Thank you for the idea and explanation on how it can be used.

Di nada (this is Papiamento for you're Welkom)

djsoft said:
Quote from: Martijn Hisschem?ller on October 03, 2019, 07:30:06 PM

Yes, this will be added as an option in RadioBOSS 5.9.

Great!! Do you already have any idea when RadioBOSS 5.9 will be released?

Do you already have any idea when RadioBOSS 5.9 will be released?
The beta version should be available by the end of October.

Back