Help With Playlist Generator

DjDominic

I can't get the Playlist generator to work in a scheduled event. Everything appears to be set up correctly and the scheduled event starts but nothing happens. I have the setting set to add the playlist at the end of the current playlist. I did notice this error today in the Generator log "Unable to save log file to C:\Users\Pinole Radio\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1284383840\Log\playlistgenerator.log".

It looks like there's no write access to the RadioBOSS settings folder, and therefore it can't sabve the log, and, possibly, generate playlists. Please try rebooting the PC and also make sure no other software locks the folder or in some other way prevents RadioBOSS from writing there.

The folder is not locked. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. Like I said the scheduler starts the but nothing happens. No playlist ids being generated.

DjDominic said:
The folder is not locked. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to work. Like I said the scheduler starts the but nothing happens. No playlist ids being generated.
What happens if you create playlist manually from within Playlist Generator, does it work?

The error message you have
"Unable to save log file to C:\Users\Pinole Radio\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1284383840\Log\playlistgenerator.log".
means that RadioBOSS can't write to the settings folder, and until this is fixed, it will not work properly.

I think I know why I thought it wasn't working. I didn't give it enough time to generate the playlist. Normally it takes about 10 minutes generate a 24 hour playlist due to the large number of music files we have. So I am testing right now to see if in 10 minutes it appends a playlist.

The scheduler timed out before generator was finished generation the playlist. I changed the settings in scheduler to give it more time. Testing it right now to see what happens.

DjDominic said:
I got it to work. The key is if you have a lot of files, change the scheduler time out.
The default timeout is 10 minutes, it appers that it was almost enough for you. Still it's odd as in your original post there was no error message about it timing out.

The default timeout is 10 minutes, it appers that it was almost enough for you. Still it's odd as in your original post there was no error message about it timing out.
[/quote]

There probably was  an error message but I most likely didn't see it.

Back