Rules for rotation PLGen Pro

nelson c

Hi Dmitry,
PowerGold has some filters that apply on rotation that can make things very powerful.
At the moment I want to avoid that two tracks with slow time are consecutive. Each track is tageada with its speed. With what we currently have the gen pro playlist, we can filter tracks in categories by their Tag.
I had in mind to create categories with the speed of the songs, which although required many categories would achieve what I am looking for. The problem is that I realized that I am forcing the proportion of slow songs on the playlist to be a stipulated number and to be repeated in a certain order, which I don't like.
Any ideas?

Yes, I think we can add features like tags filtering, e.g. do not allow "slow" track after "fast" or something like this. What do you think the best way it should work?

Great! I am investigating how it is implemented in other producers to see how to implement it. I will post here when I have a specific idea  :)

Investigating this, I found in GSelector this graphic cake, which shows the arrangement of categories in a clock (What for us is a preset in PlayList Generator). I found it very interesting and useful.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    88 KB · Views: 421
This looks like a simple filter, so this is already possible with Playlist Genertor :)

I think my request was not understood.

I was referring to incorporating a pie chart to be able to visualize the preset in a graphic way.  I think it helps a lot to know what proportion of "new songs" (taking it as a category) versus classics we have, at a glance

In any case, I think that categories should be grouped in the graph, so.  or at least give the display option  :)

I thought the original point of this thread was improved track selection based on the new Tags feature. Displaying categorieis in a graph is a totally different thing - could happen in the future, but currently there are no immediate plans for it.

djsoft said:
I thought the original point of this thread was improved track selection based on the new Tags feature

Yes it is, but researching on this I found this feature that I found interesting.
When I have a concrete idea on how to implement it I will expose it

nelson c said:
Yes it is, but researching on this I found this feature that I found interesting.
The thing in RadioBOSS is that it does not know duration of the categories - to calculate it, it wil have to load them, and even after that, it still can be wrong. E.g. there could be a category with variouis tracks, from 5 minutes to 60 minutes diration, and if your category selects one track from a category, its duration can be anything between 5-60 minutes.

GSelector shows the duration, but it is not what interests me. Also it would not make sense because it could be different each time the preset is executed.

The graph serves at statistical levels.
For example:
The Top category is 15 times in the preset (of 28).
The New category is 5 times in the preset (of 28).
The Rock category is 3 times in the preset (of 28).
The Pop category is 5 times in the preset (of 28).
(Regardless of its duration)
With the pie chart is that information easily exposed.

On average "normal" songs is 16 tracks per hour (not counting dividers, advertising, etc.)
With this, if we have single track categories and preset with multiple categories of 16, we can make estimates more or less quickly and graphically see a preset.

nelson c said:
Going back to the thread title, I think they could be implemented as general preset filters.
Some of the example ideas would be:
-Maximum number of consecutive tracks with the tag: "Time: slow" = 1 *
-Maximum percentage of tracks with the tag "Time: slow" 10%**
-Maximum percentage of tracks with the tag "Language: English" 55%**
-Minimum percentage of tracks with the tag "Version: live" 20%**

*The complicated thing also with this is that there are categories that should not be taken into account for this rule, such as sweapers, institutional. It should apply only to music.
It should be avoided
-Slow song (with slow tag)
-Separator
-Slow song (with slow tag)

**I just realized that this should also only be calculated with music. Intitutional separators have no tags, or at least their time doesn't matter. The percentage should be calculated by omitting these files.

djsoft said:
Yes, I think we can add features like tags filtering, e.g. do not allow "slow" track after "fast" or something like this
This would also be something interesting. Although I have no ideas on how to implement it.

PowerGold has rules that can be dragged on the rotation. (What would be the second category columns in our PLGen Pro).
This could be a path but I'm not sure if it would be correct at the user level. (Each category already has its own filters, this would be something local, for rotation)

I was also thinking about the current priorities and filters in PlGen Pro. They are almost the same, only that the filters delete tracks.
In PowerGold I see that everything is unified, and when we need to filter tracks the percentage is set at 100%. If we keep it below that number it is a priority.
Example: filter 1980 tracks at 100% removes all tracks. To 90% reduce the chances of a song coming out of that year.

I don't know if it's the way, since it would force all users to reconfigure the preset, and I don't think it's a good idea. But I found it interesting to comment.

nelson c said:
With the pie chart is that information easily exposed.
Displaying how many times a category is used is a lot simpler - I first thought that it displays based on time. Still, there is a thing, that categories in playlist generator do not always select one track.

nelson c said:
Going back to the thread title, I think they could be implemented as general preset filters.
Some of the example ideas would be
Good ideas, thank you. Noted for the next major update.

nelson c said:
I was also thinking about the current priorities and filters in PlGen Pro. They are almost the same, only that the filters delete tracks.
And this make them totally different. Filters exclude tracks completely while priorities make tracks play more or less often.

nelson c said:
Example: filter 1980 tracks at 100% removes all tracks. To 90% reduce the chances of a song coming out of that year.
In my opinion, this is less intuitive and harder to understand. Filtering is a common feature and what it does is obvious.

At present moment there are filters and priorities in Playlist Generator. Now we can add sort of "selection rules" to better control track selection, something like the rules you listed in your previous post (max number of consecutive tracks with certain tag, do not select tag after certain tags etc).

djsoft said:
Displaying how many times a category is used is a lot simpler - I first thought that it displays based on time. Still, there is a thing, that categories in playlist generator do not always select one track.

I also think that the pie chart would be useful for the time being, for example, that the hits are scattered evenly in the playlist. (Interleaved with other songs).
We could have two ways to visualize it: in percentage of categories and showing the rotation.

I still understand what you are saying and it is true, if the category is used with a duration, instead of a single track, it is useless

Coming out of the thread theme again:

I also found this interesting.
An analysis tool, to simulate how often a track comes out, depending on the amount of songs in the category, and how many times a category is repeated daily.
The amount of information provided by this tool is great, only I think they are complex for most users and require a lot of configuration starts. I know this is not the purpose of RadioBOSS  ;)

https://youtu.be/C2d-kGSbv28?t=203

Attachments

• Image.png
    Image.png
    654.8 KB · Views: 389
nelson c said:
I still understand what you are saying and it is true, if the category is used with a duration, instead of a single track, it is useless
Yes, and this is fairly typical to make category select multiple tracks or select based on time. It looks like pie chart doesn't really fit here, the way Playlist Generator works is different. It cna show some stats on how often a category is used (count and percentage).

nelson c said:
Quote from: nelson c on January 24, 2020, 08:05:33 PM
Some of the example ideas would be:
Another filter that I am thinking could be very useful:
No more than 2 consecutive tracks with a rating of less than 3 (for example)

An estimated date for RB 5 Beta? :D

nelson c said:
Another filter that I am thinking could be very useful:
No more than 2 consecutive tracks with a rating of less than 3 (for example)
For this case, you can set up different categories, with high and low rating tracks.

nelson c said:
An estimated date for RB 5 Beta?
Not yet, there are lots of internal changes that we have to do, it will take some time.

New version of Jazler.
Incorporate the pie chart we discussed earlier.
It is also very interesting to see the history of reproductions of a song. It is a very expected feature for us.
Implementing it with MySQL or SQLite should not be very complex  :)

Attachments

• 92283696_3652640681477448_9113571730508480512_o.png
    92283696_3652640681477448_9113571730508480512_o.png
    277.1 KB · Views: 350
  • 92462272_3652641118144071_4867745818221740032_o.png
    92462272_3652641118144071_4867745818221740032_o.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 380
  • 92483369_3652641121477404_8385394625728217088_o.png
    92483369_3652641121477404_8385394625728217088_o.png
    163 KB · Views: 346
  • 92576471_3652641158144067_7496506892772966400_o.png
    92576471_3652641158144067_7496506892772966400_o.png