New top menu

nelson c

Hi Dmitry,
I have the following idea for the top menu: (The audio bars on the current track with transparency would be missing).
Using different lines for the title and the artist is much more comfortable.  ;)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 291
nelson c said:
I have the following idea for the top menu: (The audio bars on the current track with transparency would be missing).
Using different lines for the title and the artist is much more comfortable. 
This is not as easy as it seems. The title you see in the "Nowplaying" is the broadcasting title as it's sent to the streaming server. It's evaluated formated according to the format specified in the settings - and the result here is a single string.
The only real way here is to add an option: show artist/title separately, or show the streaming title as it does currently.
And why remove audio bars? :)

pety said:
Bad idea...
Not all tracks has got album cover
This can be configurable - one can disable artwork if not needed.

djsoft said:
The only real way here is to add an option
I get it. Maybe adding the option to export the artist and the title separately is a good idea too. I remember a php code that I wrote a few years ago that divided the artist's title by the carecter "-".
There are really few softwares that combine title with artist today. I think the benefits of visualizing this way are clear, for example if the artist's name is very long, the title is still displayed.
The current implementation reminds me of Winamp.

djsoft said:
And why remove audio bars? :)
I think I had a translation problem here.  ;D
I would not eliminate the audio bars, I would put them in the background with transparency as they currently are.
Another question: is it possible to add a degrade of colors on each panel? (like in the image)
I remember requesting it several years ago, I don't know if it will be possible

nelson c said:
Maybe adding the option to export the artist and the title separately is a good idea too. I remember a php code that I wrote a few years ago that divided the artist's title by the carecter "-".
RadioBOSS already "knows" artist and title of a track (and lots of other info, too), you can export it using HTTP notifications and also in the XML nowplaying file, where the info is separated by fields.
It's not a big deal (technically) to display artist, title and any other info in the Nowplaying bar, but I'm not sure if it has to be done, because:
1. You can see (and edit) most of tag fields in the Track Info panel under the playlist, so displaying the same info in Nowplaying does not add value.
2. Currently it shows the streaming title, as it's sent to the server. So you can verify that e.g. station IDs use the custom title you set in file types.
It still needs to be considered. I think a possible solution would be to simply add an option to control what info it shows: streaming title, or separate artist/title fields.
Adding artwork makes the UI looks much more fresh, so it's definitely a good idea.

nelson c said:
I would not eliminate the audio bars, I would put them in the background with transparency as they currently are.
Another question: is it possible to add a degrade of colors on each panel?
Ah, OK, in this case this makes sense :)

Back