Use of On Air RB with production RB

Having trouble arranging the best way to set this up.  Both the main RB "air" server A and production machine B access the MySQL music database on the NAS via M drive - works well.

RB A hosts all presets, schedules, ad folder etc in the djsoft subdirectory on C drive.
How should RB B machine access that subdirectory to be able to sync everything? 
Is it better to use machine B as the master for scheduling ads and copy to A?  Should I sync the .sdl files on each machine?  If I create a preset on B, how can I ensure this also appears on A?

Should  the djsoft subdirectory be mapped from both machines as well as the database perhaps?

Can you please explain which files need to be mapped so as to ensure updates occur on A when B is modified?  What happens if there is a third machine wishing to access A?

Sorry but I find this aspect quite confusing and I'm sure many users here face this issue and would appreciate any hints.

Hey Chris,

I have the same setup too and face the same challenge as you. To compound it. My "C" Studio is located at another location (A and B are same location where B is used to programme Adds and Playlist) while C is for resiliency. I too am look for a solution to keep all in sync with less manual effort.

It won't be possible to "sync everything" automatically, RadioBOSS does not offer such thing. You can synchronize only the items you need, e.g. using scheduled events to load event list, using shared network drives or Dropbox or similar technologies to synchronize music/ads content.

Yes I do understand that and we can use other software to update various folders when changes are made.  What I would appreciate is guidance as to the correct files and directories I need to copy...

Is the following procedure correct:
- Provide access to SQL database via the same mapped drive
- Provide access to music folder via another mapped drive
- Copy djsoft subdirectories including .sdl file to each machine
- Save profile of prod machine to profile of broadcast machine?
- Use ad scheduler as usual from the prod machine, updating the broadcast schedule.

What have I omitted?

What do others do to make this work?

Chris Deacon said:
- Provide access to SQL database via the same mapped drive
You should not use the SQLite database (tracks.db file) in shared mode. If you need to access database from multiple computers, please use MySQL option instead.

Chris Deacon said:
Provide access to music folder via another mapped drive
Yes, this is correct. Share music folder using the same drive letter.

Chris Deacon said:
 - Copy djsoft subdirectories including .sdl file to each machine
Only copy the files you actually need. If you need events, copy .sdl files. Copying the entire settings folder is a bad idea and can lead to unexpected behavior.

Chris Deacon said:
 - Use ad scheduler as usual from the prod machine, updating the broadcast schedule.
Ads scheduler can update ads remotely, so perhaps you should use this feature instead of manually synchronizing ads.

Chris Deacon said:
What have I omitted?
It's not really possible to tell as the exact list depends on what you want to synchronize and what you don't need.

Back