Bugs in RadioBOSS 5.9.3.0

Frank Berry

There is a huge problem with this version of software.  It denies access to the software unless you run it as an administrator.  Even then, multiple functions, Track Tool, Report Generator, etc., do not work.  Access is denied.  I have uninstalled this version and returned to an older version pending the resolution of these issues.

RadioBOSS never requires administratove rights, only dirung the installation. It seems that the problem is somewhere else. You can try installing it to a different folder to see if it fixes the problem.

Nonsense.
I clicked on the "A New Version Is Available" link and installed the new software, replacing the older version.
It would not start unless I started it as an Administrator.
I uninstalled the software completely and then reinstalled it from scratch.  Same problem.  I'm locked out of several functions.
I uninstalled the new version and reinstalled the old one.  It works perfectly.
There IS an issue with the new software.

We can't reproduce it here and no one else complains, so I'm inclined to think it's some incompatibility, e.g a conflict with 3rd party software or some rare issue with installer. It does not rerquire admin right, that's for sure. Reinstalling it to another folder should help.

Back