Monetization program

gaetanlabrecque

Hello

I know this is not the Shoutcast forum but I would like to know if any of you had any success in using the Monetization program from Shoutcast.  When I go to shoutcast web site for my station, I see that I am ready.  (see capture).

However, if I trigger a 2 minute track with Advert: as title and artist, I don't hear any ad.  I am in Canada so I should hear one from what I read.

Also, I'm not sure to understand, do I have to be listening from Shoutcast web site to hear ad or if I hear directly from the Radioboss web site I should hear it

Thank you very much in advanced.

Attachments

• youreready.GIF
    youreready.GIF
    14.5 KB · Views: 341
gaetanlabrecque said:
Also, I'm not sure to understand, do I have to be listening from Shoutcast web site to hear ad or if I hear directly from the Radioboss web site I should hear it
It won't insert it directly to RadioBOSS as it's not technically possible :) They will insert ads server side, so you should be listening to your Shoutcast stream if you want to hear the ads.

Thank you for your answer.

So I will try to go on the shoutcast web site and try to hear if I can hear the ads.

Also, I understand that I will have to change the link the players are using to point them to the shoutcast feed and not the radioboss feed?

If so, I will change it in every players,on tune in and other players.

Am I right ?

Greetings

Hello again.

My stream with Radioboss (who host my shoutcast stream) is http://ca.radioboss.fm:8015/. 

Should I keep that or point it somewhere else?

And If I place the right tags Advert:  in Radioboss software it should work?

Greetings

gaetanlabrecque said:
Also, I understand that I will have to change the link the players are using to point them to the shoutcast feed and not the radioboss feed?
I suppose, yes - but I don't really know the details on how their system works.

gaetanlabrecque said:
Should I keep that or point it somewhere else?
Stream playback will work, but for ads, I'd suggest you to contact Shoutcast support and ask the requirements.

Back