Live Event and Schedule

bassam

Good day,
I'm using RadioBoss (5.8.5.2) to broadcast on both FM and internet ..
Sometimes we have an event to broadcast live.. I do this by streaming the event to online server and play it on RadioBoss by adding URL to the playlist.

My problem is Schedule.. if I turned it off the playlist generator will not generate a playlist on time.. (and I have a lot of those changing by day and time so it'll be tricky to choose the right one manually after the event)

And if I keep it on.. a scheduled event may play and by that the live event will stop..

What to do ?

You can use the Relay feature instead: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm
Turn relay on and off when needed, or keep it always on and it will automatically switch between the stream and RadioBOSS's own playback.

Many many thanks
So to make everything clear.. when the relaying starts nothing on schedule can entrap it untill I put it off or the source stops..
I think I can manage to start a file before the Relaying starts using API. For now this is more than enough and way better than the methods I was using.

Many thanks again.

in my RadioBoss 5.8.5.2 Relay Settings is like attached photo,
fading (in and out) isn't working at all !

Attachments

• relay-fade.JPG
    relay-fade.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 373
You can try updating to the latest RadioBOSS 5.9, it has some improvements regarding the relaying.

I tried version 5.9.4.0 (trial mode), as you can see in the attached photo, Start next song in the playlist when relay stops is Activated, but I don't know why it's not working when I stop the relay using command: relaystop, the app switches to the current playing file not in the beginning of next file
Am I doing it wrong ? or it's a bug ?

Attachments

• Relay-NextFile-5.9.JPG
    Relay-NextFile-5.9.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 354
It works only when the relay is stopped (e.g. a network stream it was relaying became unavailable) - not when you stop the relay using the command.
If you use the command, you can add the next command to also switch to the next track.

It works only when the relay is stopped (e.g. a network stream it was relaying became unavailable) - not when you stop the relay using the command.
If you use the command, you can add the next command to also switch to the next track.
If the relay is enabled and the signal stops will it automatically default to the general playlist? do you have to manually stop the relay that has been scheduled? I just posted a thread about how i scheduled a relay to start and stop but it didn't automatically start or stop.

If the relay is enabled and the signal stops will it automatically default to the general playlist? do you have to manually stop the relay that has been scheduled? I just posted a thread about how i scheduled a relay to start and stop but it didn't automatically start or stop.
also can i just leave a relay enabled 24 hours a day and will the relay take over the automated playlist when signal comes through. and default back when the signal stops?

It will switch to the own playlist if nothing plays in the relay: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/relaying.htm

also can i just leave a relay enabled 24 hours a day and will the relay take over the automated playlist when signal comes through. and default back when the signal stops?
Yes, this is how it works.

Good day,
I'm using RadioBoss (5.8.5.2) to broadcast on both FM and internet ..
Sometimes we have an event to broadcast live.. I do this by streaming the event to online server and play it on RadioBoss by adding URL to the playlist.

My problem is Schedule.. if I turned it off the playlist generator will not generate a playlist on time.. (and I have a lot of those changing by day and time so it'll be tricky to choose the right one manually after the event)

And if I keep it on.. a scheduled event may play and by that the live event will stop..

What to do ?
Hi Bassam
which online server you are using for your life events?

Back