Improved Broadcasting Statistics

eddr

Hello,

I think you're missing a big 'trick' here - the broadcasting statistics show very little info but I assume it's gathering the data over a long time (As it can go back 180 days etc).

Would it be possible for RadioBOSS to generate an actual report based off of these? With the ability to specify date range rather than the pre-defined ranges ? (i.e. 'Custom' then you put in the ranges). It would be great to also generate:
- Average listener time
- Agents/Device (i.e. Windows, linux, iOS, android - desktop, phone, tablet)
- Geo location

I think there's alot of useful statistics RadioBOSS could generate if it's already getting this info from the server but not doing alot with it at the moment :)

Scheduled reports would also be great...

Finally - can we have the option to exclude a streaming server from statistics?

Thanks
Edd

eddr said:
I think there's alot of useful statistics RadioBOSS could generate if it's already getting this info from the server but not doing alot with it at the moment
It only receives the listener numbers and that's it. To gather more details like country, listen time it will need to analyze logs, but it does not have access to those. RadioBOSS Cloud has its own streaming server so it also analyzes logs, and reports are more detailed there: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/

You can obtain listener details through the admin stats json page in icecast? I believe shoutcast also has this in XML

eddr said:
You can obtain listener details through the admin stats json page in icecast? I believe shoutcast also has this in XML
It's still not what is needed to build proper stats (it only provides a list of currently connected listeners). Analyzing logs is a much better way, and this is what we do in RadioBOSS Cloud.

Back