Music Library list and Request

stokemusic

Hi,
I have asked for this before ages ago but somehow it has never really materialised...
It would be great to have a .php script (which could be in-bedded in a website) that could display the list of songs available in RB's music library. The user could then pick tracks to play later. The request could then automatically send an email or a note to the radio-dj to cue the requested tracks. The user could then also be notified of the time and date the tracks would be played by email. This way lots of people would be happy interacting with the radio station.

The present script that has been posted goes a short way to make this possible and does not work, I have tried endlessly to make it work but it does not!
Is anyone out there good enough to be able to write such a script?
It would be fantastic!

An example script is available here: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5168.0.html
You can modify it or build something new based on your needs. Internally the script uses RadioBOSS API to retrieve a list of songs and manage requests.

sadly the script available here - https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5168.0.html - doesn't work for me or for most other people, you can't imagine how many hours I have spent trying to get it to work, testing it with different settings, changing my router settings, opening ports etc. I have now given up with it completely.
It's a real shame you won't consider building a proper song request script, either inbuilt into RB or a new script which works for everyone. It's this interaction with the listener which is missing from RB. RadioDJ which is so inferior to RB, has this capability. This in my view is the only thing lacking in RB, a real pity....  :'(

Can you please specify what does not work with this script? It's fully functional if configured properly. It's not possible to integrate it further into the software as this is something that you configure on yuor web site - it does not directly relates to RadioBOSS.

The script itself is fairly simlple, it merely makes requests to RadioBOSS to perform certain tasks. I'm not sure what may not work there, provided that your web site is configured properly (the script requires cURL to be available and XML parsing tools).

If it doesn't work for you I'd suggest to inspect what the error messages are and based on that you will be able to make it work.

Back