RB integration with Spotify

Honestly, I don't think so, when we last checked, Spotify did not allow its music to be streamed yb 3rd party software.

I suppose this reqiores special agreements with Spotify. We'll think of it in the futute, but I'm not sure it is a very good idea to be honest. Most of the RadioBOSS features will be unavailable this way - like using custom fields, playcount/last played , playlist generator, ....

Yes it is clear they have a negotiated an arrangement with Spotify 😐. I see what you mean about RB features but on the other hand, for radio stations in future I can see this or some other cloud based music collection being the way of the future.  I would encourage you to explore this as they may be prepared to license it?s use for which you could offer a premium RB option or plug in.  I?d be interested in what others thought about this idea.....cheers

Chris Deacon said:
I see what you mean about RB features but on the other hand, for radio stations in future I can see this or some other cloud based music collection being the way of the future
Not necessary. Running a radio station and having all the music on some external service that can delete any song/album/artist at any time, or completely terminate the account for any reason (or no reason at all) is a fragile position. Renting everything instead of owning may be cheaper and convenient at times, but this has lots of downsides.

Chris Deacon said:
I would encourage you to explore this as they may be prepared to license it?s use for which you could offer a premium RB option or plug in
The problem with inability to use most of RadioBOSS features still stays. Pre-scanning files to determine mix points, normalization, creating playlists, even calculating playlist duration (taking account for cue points, mix points) - almost everything requires full and fast access to all music files. This will not work with the cloud streaming service, unless it's completely reworked.

Back