RadioCaster 1.0 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

djsoft

Staff member
RadioCaster - captures sound from sound card and sends it to Icacast/SHOUTcast server.

If using Windows Vista or 7 - RadioCaster can capture sound from playback device. Otherwise, to broadcast everything what's played on sound card, use the "Stereo Mix" input. Different setup may be required for cards with own mixer (e.g. E-Mu).

License: 30 days trial.

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/RadioCaster_setup.exe (1.0.0.34, 4Mb, 31.08.2010)

Attachments

• rc1.png
    rc1.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 1,003
  • rc3.png
    rc3.png
    15 KB · Views: 1,008
  • rc2.png
    rc2.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,004
Hey Djsoft

the radiocaster is not working with my e-mu soundcard

I am playing music on my radioboss program, but the sound won't transfer over to my winamp player while i am using radiocaster

so what could be wrong then

It would be something unusual if this program works as it does with its RadioBOSS, the boss takes the sound radio do not know where, but if I low-volume player in internet radio boss is still working and if I am within my website my online radio will not interfere.

If they adapt as they have in radio boos would be something spectacular.

Greetings.

apolo2157200 said:
I mention, I tested and realized I have to put on your mixer stereo mix. otherwise it will not work
Soon RadioCaster will be able to capture sound card output without using Stereo Mix (Windows 7/Vista only). This will make setup much easier.

apolo2157200 said:
It would be something unusual if this program works as it does with its RadioBOSS, the boss takes the sound radio do not know where, but if I low-volume player in internet radio boss is still working and if I am within my website my online radio will not interfere.

If they adapt as they have in radio boos would be something spectacular.
I don't understand...

Hello Djsoft , are possible to make an audio IP on the first PC  TX transmitter, second PC receiver RX thanks

animajay said:
Hello Djsoft , are possible to make an audio IP on the first PC  TX transmitter, second PC receiver RX thanks
Please describe what are you trying to do. You can use RadioCaster to transmit audio from one PC to another.

Hey Djsoft

what do you mean by this, Soon RadioCaster will be able to capture sound card output without using Stereo Mix (Windows 7/Vista only). This will make setup much easier.

do you mean radiocaster will be able to capture sound, like how radioboss is setup with the in-built broadcast feature

No, it will capture sound from sound card's output. E.g. you will be able to select "Speakers (Realtek)" and RadioCaster will transmit what you hear from those speakers.
If you want to broadcast from RadioBOSS you can either:
1) use RadioBOSS's internal broadcast feature
2) use Virtual Audio Cable program (http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm) and RadioCaster. But it will require some time to setup...

Hey Djsoft

the new updated radiocaster will not start up any encoders at all

when you create a encoder on it, and then started it afterwards it stays at being idle all day

so what could be wrong then

and then when i put admin mode on my windows 7 machine it saids this to me on my radiocaster

Capture: WASAPI Device init Error: 6 unsupported sample format

what I mean is that there is no need to use virtual mix stereo cable or directly take the sound before you reach the exit. As does RadioBOSS. takes the sound to output audio and sound to deliver the Internet is individual. Try it. issued by radiobes and tune your radio online. RadioBOSS vessels and low volume on your sound card. but the internet does not drop the idea is excellent.

saucerfoot said:
Strange. I'll look what could cause this error. Maybe, encoder is idle because device can not be initialized...

apolo2157200 said:
what I mean is that there is no need to use virtual mix stereo cable or directly take the sound before you reach the exit. As does RadioBOSS. takes the sound to output audio and sound to deliver the Internet is individual. Try it. issued by radiobes and tune your radio online. RadioBOSS vessels and low volume on your sound card. but the internet does not drop the idea is excellent.
There's no need to use virtual cables or stereo mix input. RadioCaster takes sound from playback device.

IgorPobi said:
djsoft said:
RadioCaster updated. Added a new feature to broadcast from playback device.

Hello !

Is possible to add this feature to Radiologger ?
Yes, of course. RadioLogger will be updated in January (but there's a small chance that we'll do it this year :)).

Hey Djsoft

did you take a look at that radiocaster playback error yet

just curious

thanks again

Yes. This is a bug, because RadioCaster incorrectly initializes the device (usign wrong sample rate). Release will be within several hours with this error fixed.

Upd.
RadioCaster updated.
- fixed WASAPI device init error

Hey djsoft

the playback feature still has on a bug on it

when you turn on the stream with the capture from soundcard option on it

it just copies from the last stream it played and not go through radioboss at all

so can you fix that problem please

Hello !

I have three sugestions for implement to RadioCaster:

1. Add source as SHOUTcast / Icecast server. This will be great and RadioCaster will be great transcoder :)
2. Add support for Winamp DSP. For example, user capture sound from source (line input or SHOUTcast / Icecast server), add DSP (for example: www.stereotool.com) and send processed sound with destination encoders to SHOUTcast / Icecast servers.
3. Add volume meters for sound before DSP and sound after DSP.

What you thing ?

Hello! Thanks for suggestions, this will be added soon (next year :)). I'm not sure if it's necessary to have 2 VU meters - not much people need it. Also, StereoTool has its own meters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back