An email was sent to me/us at Internetradio.se

Viafiber.se

An email was sent to me/us with what we see as a serious question about what we are doing. In all humility, I choose to post it here as well, and perhaps we can benefit from each other's experiences and talents. Several things are important, in my opinion, to remember. Among them is that we were all children once, and it's extremely important not to play "Cool" at the expense of others - never forget where you come from and take care of the newcomers in the same way you would like to be welcomed - there are no stupid questions, only foolish answers. If you feel that this text is not for you, stop reading, and move on in life with something that interests you. There is room for everyone, it's just a matter of finding that place. It's not what you say that is important, it's how you say it that makes the difference.

Our setup for our new upcoming version 2.0 of Internetradio.se:

X number of radioBOSS channels divided into different genres. Each channel/genre has a default playlist with at least 1000 songs, sorted according to all the rules of art. These default genre playlists are moderated and monitored.

In the event that a channel/genre has a request function (which will be the case for almost all our channels), such as Radio 163 currently has, this channel is connected to a larger standalone database maintained by us, which currently contains 500,000+ songs, sorted by genre, tags, comments, etc.

If no one makes a request, the channel/genre will play from the default playlist with a library of at least 1000 songs that rotate in an endless loop. Based on requests, we save all information about all the songs that are played and requested in the database and compare them with tags on songs in the same genre, which are available in our large database that we humbly :) call ATLE (Atle, Old Norse Atli, is an Old Norse male name, probably derived from the Germanic Attila, aka little father).

If someone requests a song for a channel/genre that is not in the rotating playlist, the request function checks if the requested song meets the requirements for playing in channel X/genre, and if the requested song does not meet the channel's "requirements," the response is something like "Sorry, but this song is not available for this channel. If you want to request it, you'll have to start the stream for channel Y and request it there."

It may seem a bit stiff, but for now, this is how we will work. However, Radio 163 will be the channel where ALL types of songs can be requested WITHOUT regard to genre but will have a rotating playlist based on "from the past to the present" and will be moderated like all other channels.

So, this is what we are doing or will do, and you may think this sounds completely wrong, and you have every right to think so. If you have better suggestions or tips, we would gladly welcome them. What I have written here is not our entire setup and not all functions; we have to keep some secrets, don't we?

It would be interesting to know more about the rest of you here and how you envision the future - one thing is certain, AI is something we are constantly looking at and working on, and it will be noticeable in version 2.0.

1709741355356.png

Back