Hot Key Focus

gary.hedge

I don’t know if I’m missing something here but RadioBoss would be amazing if there was a way of keeping the ‘Play’, ‘Stop’ and ‘Next’ hotkeys permanently focused to the playlist.

There’s nothing worse on a live show when I’m pressing ‘N’ to play the next track only to find it won’t work because I’ve been previously searching for a track !!!!

There’s nothing worse on a live show when I’m pressing ‘N’ to play the next track only to find it won’t work because I’ve been previously searching for a track !!!!
Hot keys do not work if you have any of the editable fields focused. If hot keys still worked there, there'll be no way to input N, P and other letters that are used as playlist hot keys.

I think he means that, unless an edit field is focused, then insure that a hotkey is going to pass to the main window of radioboss. It's also possible to reassign most of the radioboss hotkeys. I have found a few which are impossible to change, but that is for another thread.

So what I mean is, is there an update due (or a hack) that would give the playlist transport buttons a permanent focus like on other Playout systems ?

So I could happily browse for tracks and then press a button to move the next track playing on by one ?

It happens sometimes when I’m live and a track will finish early while I’m searching and when I press ‘N’ it just moves the search plane down !!

I think he means that, unless an edit field is focused, then insure that a hotkey is going to pass to the main window of radioboss. It's also possible to reassign most of the radioboss hotkeys. I have found a few which are impossible to change, but that is for another thread.
When focus is not in any of the editable fields, but RadioBOSS itself has focus anywhere in its window, then hot keys will work.

a track will finish early while I’m searching and when I press ‘N’ it just moves the search plane down !!
If a track finishes, it will (with default settings) move on to the next track automatically. Where do you have the cursor when you search/insert tracks?

Back