Problem with the play requested song command

xzsaimon16

Could you change the way the "playrequestedsong" command is executed? since when there are no requested songs it is still shown as a command (this from the event scheduler) and I think it would be better to insert the command ONLY if there is a requested song, otherwise not show the command. Since having it with a requested song presentation sweeper, the sweeper is played but if the playrequested command does not have a song, two sweepers are played in a row; one featuring a requested song which doesn't exist and then a generic sweeper plays.

In short the "playrequestedsong" command gets in the way when there are no requested songs.

The command only check if there are any requested songs only when it's executed, not before. Also, if an event inserts this command into the playlist, maybe there are no requested songs yet, but it can be that by the time the command is executed, there will be a song requested.

We have a new feature planned - conditional items, those will prevent the situation you describe, if there are no requested songs, a presentation sweeper will not be played either.

Another thing that I don't know if it's a good idea to consult in this thread, but it is about the "clearplaylist up/down" command. Since by scheduling this command as a multiple event, the way it is executed is not correct (in my opinion) because it is scheduled in the playlist like any other track, in my opinion this command should be activated once the multiple event is executed.

Currently I set a playlist to load after the track that is playing and to clear the rest of the tracks in the playlist I place the command "clearplaylist down", when doing this it loads the command and then the playlist, but as it is scheduled the command as if it were a track, when it is played it also deletes the new playlist. I suggest changing the way this command is executed so that it always fires once the event is executed just as the event does with just this clearplaylist command.

My current solution is that I have scheduled this command a few seconds before so that it does the cleaning before executing the music change in the playlist, but I would like to schedule it only with the events in which I need, that is, try to have this event together with the load the corresponding playlist to clear the playlist above or below the current track.

All actions in the event are executed in sequence, this is the logical way to perform this work. I understand what you mean, but I don't see a real solution for this, apart from using a different event that e.g. will start couple of seconds before the main even, clearing the playlist.

All actions in the event are executed in sequence, this is the logical way to perform this work. I understand what you mean, but I don't see a real solution for this, apart from using a different event that e.g. will start couple of seconds before the main even, clearing the playlist.
That way is what I currently use, but it would be better to put it in a single event so as not to have so many events scheduled. I thought that this could be solved by adding another form of insertion that includes this command or a separate option.

Yes, I think you're right. It's expected, if this command is the first in the event's actions list, that it won't remove the event itself. The adjustment will be made in one of the next updates.

Back