Access lyrics from mp3 tag

HMMMM

Is there currently a tag that Radio boss uses to get lyrics from mp3 file is it dumped in the ftp dump or does it have to be enabled ?

Ok this tag %lyrics seems to be a rare thing my tag editor loads it not as a tag but as a tab. Lyrics Finder does a more than average job of placing this into mp3 files. I am just hoping Dmitri can find it assign it to put it in variable like %lyrics and allow it to be dumped as ftp XML and things will look very bright again.

RadioBOSS works with standard tag fields, and I'm not sure Lyrics is a standard one. If there's no standard, supporting it will be extremely difficult.

If you have a web site and want to display lyrics there, probably a better approach would be to implement the whole thing there, e.g. use some external service to search for lyrics based on artist/title/album (this info you get from RadioBOSS).

Dimitri, the 3rd party sites are not good. Dimitry why would we pay for a 3rd party service when this is a tag in mp3 can you not find the standard one. The website it gave some information on it which might be helpful media human lyric finder https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/ and https://www.mediahuman.com/howto/find-lyrics-for-any-song.html . Amazon is even shipping mp3 with these lyrics now . This is what found and I read it that UNSYNCEDLYRICS in mp3tag, they actually create a "USLT" frame in ID3tag (read the ID3 tag website if you don't understand), which is specifically used to store UNSYNCHRONIZED lyrics (You can also use it to store synced lyrics in LRC format with timestamps and it might even work, but that's not the intended use according to ID3tag standard). The USLT frame is still, however, the most well-supported embedded unsynced lyrics. There is a frame called "SYLT" specifically for storing synced lyrics in embedded form, it is used in ID3tag standard, but most platforms don't support it, except for Minilyrics (kinda old), JetAudio (even older with poor unicode support) and MusicBee (good platform, but there was a bug that won't let u write to SYLT frame properly, not sure if they fixed it or not, reading SYLT is fine though.) The SYLT uses a different format, so it's not like you can simply copy and paste ur .lrc text into it, very few platforms support SYLT. I hope this makes more sense to you :)

Last edited:
You are very welcome I hope it helped I was amazed SLYT was lost in what was said. I am unsure what Amazon is doing currently with this said they might be using USLT frame. I asked Amazon today and they said their development team will be back in touch in 48hrs . I will let you know what they say.

You are very welcome I hope it helped I was amazed SLYT was lost in what was said. I am unsure what Amazon is doing currently with this said they might be using USLT frame. I asked Amazon today and they said their development team will be back in touch in 48hrs . I will let you know what they say.
Synchronized lyrics are for karaoke or similar purposes. I think if RadioBOSS wil support lyrics, it'll simply read the plain lyrics tag.

i do not understand how to get $idest in php currently but am working on it .​

10.3.2.3 lyrics: Display Lyrics​

The ‘lyrics’ format displays the lyrics (as found in the ‘USLT’ frame). The text is preceded by the song title from the ‘TIT2’ frame, e.g.:

$ idest --format lyrics file.mp3
How doth the little

How doth the little crocodile
Improve his shining tail,
And pour the waters of the Nile
On every golden scale!

How cheerfully he seems to grin,
How neatly spreads his claws,
And welcomse little fishes in
With gently smiling jaws!
If the environment variable PAGER is set, its value is used to paginate the output.

This module supports the following command line options:

-l name--lang name
Select ‘USLT’ frames with name as the value of their ‘lang’ qualifier.

-c text

Well, we just got the Lyrics in the latest Radio boss, and they are fantastic just add them to the colums to accees them :

1709300051461.png

If you don't have this tick don't panic go to google and look up Lyrics Finder https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/ it will try to match your library to lyrics for you. Once you have run this your tags will have lyrics applied to the ones it found. Clicking in on the tick will show the lyrics in a separate window. The next stage of this is going to be fun so make sure you add BPM to your MP3 as you will need to work but time base the song is in to apply lyrics i time with music. I how we will be able to do this next, but we need lyrics in XML import. remember update your library it will help if you have all of this in place.

We have now connected to lrclib and are testing it to retrieve lyrics, so far it works. We have not 'launched' it yet.

Hi Viafiber.se I am more interested in what's in MP3 and processing that some of these libraries are not well populated. You can see this if you use. Lyrics Finder https://www.mediahuman.com/lyrics-finder/ it struggles in some cases to find lyrics from six different sites. Hence I prefer to have them in MP3 file currently RB lists them with a tick and pressing tick retrieves the lyric. The result is not formatted and just text.

Are you formatting this same text to create a workable lyric sheet if so, is these does through PHP. Are there any pointers you can give? I am particularly trying to provide a way to put the current lyric line on screen such as other commercial sites use. DO you have this working? Again could you give any pointers.

Back