Album Artwork

NounosSon

Do you think you can add a feature where we can see the album artwork. When we go into edit the track info from the music library and when we click on the file in the playlist to edit the track info from the tab. Also Shoutcast2 supports album artwork to be sent to the server.

I'll see what I can do.
Personally, I never look at those album arts... Music just plays in the background.
Are there many people who stare at the web site all time while they listen to a radio?

You do make a point on that. I just though it would be cool because RadioBoss supports Shoutcast2 and Shoutcast2 supports the Album Art Work to be sent to the server.

I added it to the request list, probably it will be in one of the next versions.

Hi,

I agree this is not a major feature but for exemple when listening on my smartphone (or on the iPad) via TuneIn Radio I am pleased to have the artwork displayed. As I am planning to get my own app for my radio and I am interested by a feature to display the artwork.

Christian

Where does TuneIn gets album art from - is it extracted from stream, or they search for one based on song title/artist/album info?

It is not in the stream, i do not provide them. They use Title and Artist information. It is from a database they manage and it's huge.

Christian

OK. Which means, if you're broadcasting via TuneIn, you don't need to care about album arts... It'll be there automatically.
Anyway, displaying/sending album artwork will be included in RB in the future.

Back