Auto Encoders

vocalistics

A long shot but curious!

We are streaming 24/7 from the computer with RadioBoss on and it works fine.  For the purposes of some of our shows we relay other streams.  We find that on occasions (due to bandwidth and no fault of radioboss) it drops out of the stream or looses it.  I have two questions...

1) If it looses the stream during a times one hour relay can it be set when internet comes back after a second or so to pick up the stream again rather than move on to the next item in the playlist (i.e. carry on as if nothing happened)

2) Is it possible to set an event to stop or start encoders - this way we could use our cloud based auto dj to directly relay these shows and it also gives us a chance to reboot the computer and do any maintenance...I can have Airtime set to run teh streams at times events if the master source disconnects so for example set it to stop encoding at 10.00 and start atain at 13.00.  Is this possible to automate?

Many thanks and loving this programme more every day :) :)

1. Yes, this will be added in the future - it will do couple of retries to play a failed stream. I think it will be added in one of the next updates (RB 4.9.x).

2. It's possible using connect and disconnect commands. You can turn on/off all encoders or only specific ones. Please see this page for more information: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm

Thank you for liking this software :)

Back