Automation question: Does Cloud supports playblocks or pilots?

airrromanaradio

Hi all,

I am evaluating RBFM coming from SAM Cloud and RadioJar, and have the following question:

Does RadiobossFm supports automation via "playblocks" or "pilots" (these are terms used in the other platforms)?? In a nutshell, instead of creating, scheduling and playing a multiple playlists during a day, I would like to know if RBFM has the capability of allowing users to create separate 'playblocks/pilots' using different media tracks located in multiple folders (or playlists), and then schedule these blocks to play at a given time of day but with tracks being selected based on automation conditions (heavy, medium rotation, random, leastrecently play, etc). I think this is the same or similar concept of an automated generated clock wheel.

If this not possible, would you please let me know what is the closest to this automation one can do? Thanks much! A.J.

Example

Playblock name: Morning80sMix
Scheduled - From 8 AM - 11:59 AM

Media Category/Playlist/Folder: SeparationRule

StationIDs StationIDs Sweeper
Music 80sNewWave Heavyrotation
Music 80sPowerBallads Mediumrotation
Promo MyPromos Leastrecentlyplayed
Music 80sRemixed Mediumrotation
Jingle MyJingles Leastrecentlyplayed

Hi all,

I am evaluating RBFM coming from SAM Cloud and RadioJar, and have the following question:

Does RadiobossFm supports automation via "playblocks" or "pilots" (these are terms used in the other platforms)?? In a nutshell, instead of creating, scheduling and playing a multiple playlists during a day, I would like to know if RBFM has the capability of allowing users to create separate 'playblocks/pilots' using different media tracks located in multiple folders (or playlists), and then schedule these blocks to play at a given time of day but with tracks being selected based on automation conditions (heavy, medium rotation, random, leastrecently play, etc). I think this is the same or similar concept of an automated generated clock wheel.

If this not possible, would you please let me know what is the closest to this automation one can do? Thanks much! A.J.

Example

Playblock name: Morning80sMix
Scheduled - From 8 AM - 11:59 AM

Media Category/Playlist/Folder: SeparationRule

StationIDs StationIDs Sweeper
Music 80sNewWave Heavyrotation
Music 80sPowerBallads Mediumrotation
Promo MyPromos Leastrecentlyplayed
Music 80sRemixed Mediumrotation
Jingle MyJingles Leastrecentlyplayed

The closest you can do is schedule a playlist to start at your specific time and then add the tracks from your folders to each playlist.

You can select tracks to play "in order" (that they are in the folder), "random", or schedule them manually in the playlist (you can shuffle the playlist though).

Unlike SAM, You only have 1 set of repeat rules for your entire station (vs different rules for sweepers and other situations). You can set each track to ignore the repeat protection if you like.

RBFM has the capability of allowing users to create separate 'playblocks/pilots' using different media tracks located in multiple folders (or playlists)
It supports this, this is covered in Quick Start guide, step 3: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/radioboss-cloud-quick-start-guide/
I'd suggest reading it in full.

Please also see the guides in the support section: https://www.radioboss.fm/support/

You only have 1 set of repeat rules for your entire station (vs different rules for sweepers and other situations)
Repeat protection rules can (and should) be turned off for station Ids, commercials and other non-music items.

The closest you can do is schedule a playlist to start at your specific time and then add the tracks from your folders to each playlist.

You can select tracks to play "in order" (that they are in the folder), "random", or schedule them manually in the playlist (you can shuffle the playlist though).

Unlike SAM, You only have 1 set of repeat rules for your entire station (vs different rules for sweepers and other situations). You can set each track to ignore the repeat protection if you like.
Thanks much @Taylor Dixon, I appreciate the tips and answer.

It supports this, this is covered in Quick Start guide, step 3: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/radioboss-cloud-quick-start-guide/
I'd suggest reading it in full.

Please also see the guides in the support section: https://www.radioboss.fm/support/

Repeat protection rules can (and should) be turned off for station Ids, commercials and other non-music items.

Hi and thanks for the reply and having pointed me to the resource page. I believe it does what I want to do. Additional add-on question: I do have a couple of live shows via a "live stream". Question:

If I were to schedule a network stream (URL) inside a "track list", when the stream kicks in, would my RadioBossFm stream of my station be shut down while connecting?

What would the delay be in terms of seconds before kicks in? I assume that I will need to add a disable stream command at a given time to make sure it turns itself off when done. Thanks much!

If I were to schedule a network stream (URL) inside a "track list", when the stream kicks in, would my RadioBossFm stream of my station be shut down while connecting?
The cloud continues to play when live stream is connected. It's muted, but everything works - it plays tracks, starts events etc.

Back