Broadcasting

Sphelps1984

I have downloaded the trail, and I want to see if I can get it working before I purchase it. So far loving the demo.

I am having an issue with broadcasting

I have an tried many options I tried shoutcast, icecast and I cant seam to get it to work right.
some people I send a link to cant connect to it.

I don't think I am setting it up right.

I saw it has on here a Built in server how does that server work?

Please show screenshots of how you did setup the encoders. What links did you sent to people?

Integrated server usually is not good for broadcasting - your Internet connection upload speed should be fast enough (usually ISP's doesn't provide high and stable upload speeds).

I'd suggest you to register at http://www.radioboss.fm (it's free) and try broadcasting with it. In the control panel it will show you the settings needed to be entered in RB and provide a link for listeners.

Also I have the program and the icecast server on a server with no sound card, and I have another computer with my mic hooked up to it could I still live dj from my system?

Sphelps1984 said:
Why is Integrated server usually is not good for broadcasting
The integrated server itself is OK (except that it doesn't support track titles) - the problem is that listeners will connect to your PC and you may have not enough bandwidth to send them a stream. It's not a problem if you're running it on a server with a reliable Internet connection.

Sphelps1984 said:
Also I have the program and the icecast server on a server with no sound card, and I have another computer with my mic hooked up to it could I still live dj from my system?
It's possible but setup will be a bit complicated... You can use remote audio recording in Windows Remote Desktop utility, but sometimes it doesn't work good.

My speed Test
I have Comcast
2796668911.png

As you see, upload speed is 6 mbps - it's enough to stream to 40-45 listeners at 128kbps. If speed is not stable (which is likely), listeners will experience so called "buffering problems". If you surf the net while broadcasting, or some software decides to download an update, things will become even worse...

That's why I advice not to broadcast from the home PC and use stream hosting instead.

Oh ok thanks for this advice I think I will buy the program.
I dont need video so I will have to go with the standard version then

I'm having trouble connecting with Radio Boss,, I can connect with [...] useing the same setting the I use in Radio Boss but I get error 20 ,,,can someone give me some advise

Back